CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER 19

Chapter 19 ~ A Little Amplification

Hermione got the “wait and see” treatment from Severus concerning the size of his endowment. No amount of cajoling would get him to budge on the issue. Her very vocal insistence continued through breakfast and Hermione finally stopped harassing him when Severus calmly threatened to whip it out and let her measure it herself. Hermione spent the rest of the meal scowling at the Potions Master over the table as he leisurely ate his oatmeal.

After breakfast, Severus announced he would be spending the day in his lab working on a special project. Hermione wanting to know so much about his cock made him impatient to give her a good, hard look at it as he pounded it into her. Nostrils flared, he entered the Potions lab, went to his stores and surveyed what potions he had and considered how to enhance them to speed up his healing process. If Hermione hadn’t irritated him so much, he might have asked her for her opinion. Well, he’d figure it out on his own. He took out every healing potion he had on hand and got to work.

Hermione showered and dressed in a bright, christmasy sweater and her now trademark low-slung jeans. She brushed her hair out and topped it with a cheery Father Christmas type hat. She was in a good mood, despite the Potions Master’s stubbornness about revealing info about his tool. She decided she was going to decorate the study and surprise Severus. Whether it would be a good surprise or bad surprise remained to be seen. She flooed to the main hall, and was heading for the main doors to walk to Hagrid’s when she was suddenly blocked by a tall body.

“Mrs. Snape,” came the low, mocking drawl of Draco Malfoy. The blonde wizard stood in front of her, his blue eyes hard and cold. Hermione made to walk around him.

“Move, Draco,” she said. She tried to pass him and he bumped her back with his body. Draco was almost six feet tall now, and had broadened. He was built very much like his father had been.

“They haven’t found my father yet. I think he’s dead. What do you think?’ he hissed at her. Hermione looked up at him.

“Why would I think anything?” she replied, a bit nervously.

“Because you were the last person to see him,” Draco said.

Hermione frowned at the wizard. He was talking like she and his father had shared a meal or something. The last time she saw Lucius, he was trying to kill her.

“When I last saw your father, he was very much alive and trying to kill me after I wouldn’t let him rape me,” Hermione spat at him.

Draco scowled down at her.

“I think the Professor killed him,” Draco said, his eyes glistening with hatred, “Over you. A fucking mudblood. And if he did…then someone is going to pay for his death. What happened to you wasn’t worth my father dying for. You’re nothing. The Professor’s plaything.”

“I’d be careful about that Draco,” Hermione said, arching an eyebrow at him. “I’m more than the Professor’s plaything. We aren’t getting an annulment. He wouldn’t take kindly to you insulting his wife.”

Draco spluttered a bit at this news.

“He wouldn’t stay married to you. The Dark…” he began, then caught himself.

“The Dark Lord wouldn’t approve, Draco?” Hermione finished for him. Draco’s eyes widened as he realized Hermione knew Professor Snape was a deatheater.

“I assure you the Dark Lord both knows of me and approves of me,” she said, giving him a nasty grin. “Not bad for a mudblood, eh? To get the blessing of the Dark Lord?”