Chapter 1

"Look at that rich spoiled group, I wonder why God is so kind to them. They don't even deserve this." Khushi said angrily to Payal.

"But Aakash is good ok." Payal defended.

"Oh please Payal, they all are the same. Aakash is also like Arnav, dont ever trust him." She warned.

"Arrey he is just a friend, chill. Anyways stop your sulking now and lets go to eat, I am very hungry." Payal said.

"Yeah ok." Khushi said uninterestedly.

Khushi Kumari Gupta, just another 20 year old middle class girl who wanted to achieve her big dreams. She got admission in this top University exclusively on the basis of her merit and she also managed to get a scholarship.

In the past three years, she has always topped in the University exam, not giving Arnav any chance to come even close.

Payal Mehra, a smart girl, only child of her parents and so very very pampered. She has a little crush on Aakash which is reciprocated but they both deny it.

Arnav Singh Raizada, a spoiled, rich son of famous businessman Arvind Singh Raizada and Ratna Singh Raizada who runs an NGO for women. His dad has a chain of industries and honestly he doesn't even need to study. Arnav has been an excellent student right from his school. He also got the admission on the basis of merit. He has this wild obsession with always being on top of anything.

He didn't have any grudge against Khushi because he was the last one to even look at a girl except for a hello hi to his friends. But when Khushi beat him in the first semester, people started to hype her and professors gave her every attention instead of Arnav though he came second.

That was when he started to hate her. He couldn't even stand her name in front of him. He has been trying to beat her but never succeeded. He hated the fact that a middle class girl can beat him in academics.

Aakash and Lavanya are children of businessman Kunal and Krishna Kashyap, who is a very good friend of Arvind. Nand Kishor a.k.a NK's father, Abhiraj Sharma,  is Kunal's business partner.

All four of them, Arnav, Aakash, Lavanya and NK are together since they were in school. Hence when Arnav and Aakash got admission, Lavanya and NK took admission here too by using some contacts and of course money.

*In the class*

"So Arnav, how is the progress bro.?" NK asked (about the bet) chewing a gum.

"I think I have the time of 6 months and I know what to do. Till then Mr. NK you are not going to talk to me about it. You'll see the results on the farewell party itself ok." Arnav said gritting his teeth.

Just then Professor Khanna entered the class and the class stood up to greet him.

"Please sit down." He said while rubbing the board.

"An announcement about the inter-college dance competition has been made right?" Professor Khanna asked

"Yes"

"Good. Then who all are participating?" He asked again

No one answered and professor was a bit disappointed. He looked around saw the students completely uninterested in it.

"Arnav, why is there no interest from your side?" Professor asked.

"Sir, you know I am less into all these stuff." He answered politely.

"I know you can dance and why are you all refraining from taking part? You all know the reputation of our college is so high. How come no participants from the most reputed college of Mumbai?"
Professor said a bit angrily.

"Arnav, this wasn't expected from you." He said disappointingly "Everytime you are fighting with Khushi to become no.1 and now when you can show your talent you are backing off."

Arnav immediately looked up to his sir, his eyes twinkling and he smirked evilly.

"Okay I am ready to participate.." He stood up and said, his evil smirk never leaving his lips.

"Excellent, decide your partner and tell me till the end of the day." Professor said with a smile.

"I have decided my partner already." Arnav turned around "Khushi" he said with a devilish smile and a motive in his eyes.

The whole class gasped and looked at Arnav with wide eyes. Aakash and Lavanya understood what he was trying to do. NK smiled because he was confident that Khushi would never agree to this.

Khushi fumed with anger. "How dare this cheapster take my name? I am never going to dance with him." Khushi gritted her teeth.

"Arnav don't do this madness. I know what you are upto. Listen to me you are not doing this." Lavanya whispered to him trying to make him understand and mock some sense in him.

"I know what I am doing Lavanya." Arnav whispered in an angry tone.

"Lavanya is right, Arnav. This is not right don't be blind in your bet." Aakash said

"Don't worry Aakash, Khushi is never agreeing to this. Get ready for the first rejection Arnav." NK mocked him teasingly.

"Oh is it NK? Lets see then." Arnav said.

Everyone started talking and commenting about it and Khushi was just glaring at Arnav.

"Silence please." Professor shouted and then turning to Khushi he said "What do you have to say Khushi?"

"NO. I will never dance with this man. I am sorry sir but its a no from me." She said with a straight face but still anger was evident on her face.

"Ahem" NK coughed and Arnav glared at him.

"Woah woah Khushi Kumari Gupta, are you scared?" Arnav said and the class started hooting.

"Scared? Hehh from you? Go see a mirror Mr. Raizada and stop being in delusions please." Khushi snapped back.

"Oh come on stop giving excuses Khushi. Just say you cannot dance, as simple as that. I mean ok you dont have to be perfect in everything." Arnav mocked.

"I don't need to prove it to you whether I am perfect or not because everyone knows who comes second even after trying so hard. Poor you." Khushi said arrogantly.

The class started hooting again and that hurt Arnav's ego very badly. He glared at Khushi and gritted his teeth.

"Stop it you both and silence in the class please." Professor shouted again and continued "Khushi, take your time and then decide. It is not just about you and Arnav it is about the reputation of the college. And I personally think you both can do it together, but the decision is yours. Tell me by tomorrow okay?"

"Ok Sir." She answered.

"And now I don't want any discussion about this." He said and started the lecture.

"Phew, I know Khushi will deny thank god." Lavanya said.

"Mark my words Lavanya Kashyap, Khushi will say a yes." Arnav said confidently.

"It is not gonna happen." Lavanya said.

"Kuch aur ho naa ho Lavanya, yeh zarur hoga." He said with an arrogant tone.

"I swear I am going to kill this man. What the hell does he think of himself. Bloody cheap arrogant ass." Khushi said fuming in anger.

"Calm down Khushi. You just deny to the professor tomorrow. Don't take so much load on you mind." Payal said holding her shoulder.

"Yeah you are right." Khushi took a deep breathe and started studying.

'The game begins Khushi Kumari Gupta' He said eyeing her evilly.

First of all Sooooo sorry for the delay and a short update. Here is the first chapter readers. Do tell me how do you find it and comment below your views.

Thank you for reading and a very happy new year❤