Forgotten Letters

This One-shot goes out to sugarsweet-dreams

I hope you enjoy it and sorry it's not as 'Christmas-y' as the others.

×××

In the closet of a young, human girl's room hides a black shoebox. Inside the shoebox contains scraps of paper not meant to be seen by anyone, but all of them start out with the same two words: 'Dear Alfred...'

Dear Alfred,

Hey, I wonder how you're doing now? Wherever you are, I bet you're just complaining about how much you hate humans, right? Oh, I'm laughing just thinking about it. Do you have any new contracts? Did you find any more Dreameaters? Well, I hope you did. No one deserves to be alone.

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

It's been a month now and I have to ask, when are you coming back? This isn't the first time you disappeared. I know you'll come back any day now and I'll give you a big ol' hug! Maybe you could bring back some more Dreameaters? That would be cool! Oh, has Allen been okay? How about cute, little Coco? Well, hope to see you soon!

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

Wow, it's been so long! I can't wait for you to come back. I wonder if you'll look any different? Probably not since you're a Dreameater and all. It's been how long now? I think three months now. See you soon!

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

Where are you? I miss you.

Sincerely,
Treble
...

Dear Alfred,

Is this some kind of sick joke? Do you hate me that much that you'll just leave me and not return? What did I do wrong? Is it because I'm human?

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

Please come back.

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

I miss you, Alfred. I...need you.

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

It hurts...it hurts so much.

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

What's the point? Why do I keep writing these stupid letters to you when I know that I'll be the only one reading them? It makes no sense. Please, Alfred...come back.

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

I hate you.

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

I love you.

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

I'm sorry.

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

Please come back! I'll do anything.

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

I wish I could just forget you...

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

I want to forget you.

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

I want the pain to disappear.

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

I want to stop crying every day.

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

I want my memories of you to just disappear like how you just disappeared from my life.

Sincerely,
Treble.
...
Dear Alfred,

I'm sorry.

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

I'm so so sorry...

Sincerely,
Treble
...
Dear Alfred,

1-12-6-18-5-4
9-19
6-15-18-7-15-20-20-5-14
14-15-23

Sincerely,
___________
...

That was the last letter ever written by the young girl. Now the box just collects dust in the dark closet, waiting for someone, anyone, to read them once more.

The girl soon walks into the room and goes into her closet. She decided to get some organizing done before people came over for Christmas. The female reached around and found the black shoebox. She brought it into the lighted bedroom and wiped off the dust.
"What's this?" She asked with a confused expression.

                                                                                           ×××

I hope that this was okay for you!  Thank you for being an awesome friend.

~Treble