9.)

Thursday. It was, in fact, a Thursday. You woke up with a headache like none other. You trudged out of bed anyway. You couldn't miss the college lecture today. It was important and you had a project due. Like an idiot, you took a pain killer and went to school.

By the end of third hour your headache was so incredibly painful you almost fainted. You caught yourself, though, and like an idiot, you still pushed on.

Why? For C/n, right? Maybe. To be honest you didn't know yourself but you had a feeling that you shouldn't go back home. Ever since a few weeks ago your parents stopped texting you lovingly and got more and more engulfed in work. You hadn't seen them in a week or more. Home was no longer cozy, but instead painful.

When the dismissal bell of hour three went off you shrieked out loud in pain but played it off saying you were startled by the noise. You walked to your fourth hour class with a slow, hunched over, limp.

You saw C/n and feebly smiled. You placed your stuff down at your seat and sat down. The sheer act made you nauseous.

C/n asked you what was wrong but you swished your hand back and forth at him and forced a grin. "I'm okay, just tired!"

The pain. The pain. The pain.

The way the body works is when something really really hurts, it throws up all food to focus solely on the pained area.

This, an oversimplified version of what you knew from previous biology classes.

At this point you could no longer hear what the teacher was saying, saliva was being produced in your mouth like crazy, and you had that gut feeling.

You'd stood up, wobbling, and limped, clutching your head in your hands to the bathroom. You felt like the teacher and students called after you, but it was so muffled by the agonizing throbs. Your limp turned to a dash, as you burst through the girls' bathroom and instantly spilled into the nearest toilet.

It felt like it would never stop, despite you only eating a bagel and a clementine for breakfast. When you were done, you flushed the toilet. The sickening tastes and smells hit you and you now ran for the sink.

Out of the bathroom, you shoved a piece of gum into your mouth. You walked back to your class. Your headache throbbed a little less now but it was apparent you had some sickness.

"Sorry for walking out Cullz, I threw up, may I go home?"

The class stared at you, astonished. You had always tried to not skip school and whenever you were sick, you spoke very little of it. C/n stared at you with such shock and concern. Your pained pout turned a little happier but that was all you could do.

"Yes, would you like the homework in paper or will you be submitting it online?" He asked.

You half smiled and responded, "I already finished it online last night."

"Oh, no one does that... Alright well, sign out at the attendance office, feel better soon!"

"Thank you." You politely responded.

Was it safe to drive? Probably not but during school hours, in Eastview at least, there was no one on the roads. You hopped into your car and drove off. You drove slowly, reminiscing the small details you used to be so fascinated by as a child. The way that tree always had its leaves shaped into what looked like a snake. How fun it was to bike around that pond. How great it felt to have family picnics there. You were trying not to cry. What happened to my family?

When you arrived home you laid on your bed and contemplated life. You tried to push it aside but you had noticed that your parents were getting louder with each other each day, they were overworking themselves, and you couldn't do anything about it. You wanted to cry, but every tear that fell made your head throb even more.

***

Timeskip: Monday 

The last bell had just rung. You grabbed your things and headed to your locker. Over the weekend you face timed C/n with tissues up your nose, and laid in bed, chilling to some lo-fi beats. Your parents took good care of you, you brought the family together. You loved being happy with them even if it meant waking up at 3:00 am on a Saturday morning and throwing up in a toilet.

You were happily skipping to your car when you noticed C/n's gray shirt, with darker gray sleeves that he just looked so cute in. You were overwhelmed with happiness. When you got to school he hugged you and kissed you. He sat by you at lunch and took a nap on your shoulder. The whole day you felt uncomfortable stares but it didn't matter because seeing C/n smile everytime you talk to him makes up for it.

You were about to yell his name when you realized he was talking to someone else. Someone with a feminine voice. Spontaneously your heart sank, then combusted. Was this jealousy? Who was she? They're just talking, right? No biggie, right? You haven't had a boyfriend before, why did you think it would be good to start with someone like him?  Of course, he had a bunch of girls on his phone! 

I mean, like, look at his f a c e! What the fuck was I FUCKING THINKING?

If you thought you were panicked now, you definitely freaked the fuck out when you saw the girl raise up onto her tippy-toes and kiss C/n. She grabbed his face and wouldn't stop. You couldn't see well enough to understand if he was kissing back, but you could see the blonde hair that faded to a bright red. Her name instantly hit you.

Avery.

You pivoted on your feet, not looking back as you walked to your car. When you got in you slammed it as loud as you could. Started it up, and sped the hell out of there. "Siri, play 'Sad' playlist." Tears fell down as the dumb voice answered and played your specially prepared songs.

You stopped at the same gas station and out came a flood.

A/n: sorry he cheated. stay tuned.

also i did like shit on two of my finals and like decent on the rest so thanks for being patient.

ALSO DO U LIKE THE NEW COVER???????????????????????? i made it in like,,, not that long so its okay if u think its basic lol