VOLTRON RANT+ My Opinion of GOOD LGBTQ REP

IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED WATCHING SEASON 8 OF VOLTRON, THERE'S GOING TO be MAJOR SPOILERS SO COME BACK WHEN YOU'RE COMPLETELY DONE. 

ANYWAYS LET ME RANT ABOUT THIS SEASON 8 MESS.

*Comes back from the dead* lmfao um Okay, well, to be honest season 8 had a mostly good story-line; Except when they DIDN'T kill Haggar. Like, I know killing people isn't what they do, but I was hoping for her death or some type of justice against her because she was a horrible ass person she knew what she was doing fucking witch bitch. Maybe that's me so nevermind. I really like Lotor more than ever and OMFG baby Lotor made me die with cuteness! I also like Keith one on one battle scene with.. I don't know her name it was with the purple bitch with blue/green lipstick..I honestly like any fight scene with Keith in it he's just such a good leader like Shiro. 

Speaking of Shiro, his end card made me happy but mad. He literally got married to someone who was randomly watching him afar in that wrestling scene, and no backstory...and no actual verbal mention of Shiro saying he's gay. Some people would argue saying it's not necessary, but how come any other character can get in a relationship to show how straight they are and he can't even say he's gay. They literally shoved it in many people's face that "BTW HE'S GAY SO UHM HERE'S HIS WEDDING SCENE--" No bitch, how come Lance and Allura and Lotor and Allura had a backstory and a build up to their relationship and not Shiro and Adam 2.0? Yes, that's Adam 2.0 because fuck Voltron lgbtq rep. 

Many people would say (to sum up everything I saw being tweeted out.), "why does a small part like that bothers you? Voltron isn't about seeing your favorite ships come to life it's about hardship and winning the battle against Haggar. Fuck you I hate the Voltron fandom toxic ass." Okay, so that bothers me because they clearly queer baited a lot of people. Being a part of the LGBTQ community is considered being a minority because of history of hate around that community. Years ago, being gay was a crime and a really bad thing in America. Slowly people are reversing that, but after years (more like centuries) of hate towards the community it's hard to totally reverse that. So DreamWorks using Klance and gay rep to boost up views when it's barely mentioned and never mentioned in the actual show is the most annoying rep ever. 

They are literally using a minority group for views and that's not okay because this been happening to a lot of things

They are literally using a minority group for views and that's not okay because this been happening to a lot of things. I think they are doing the same thing for their new show She-Ra reboot, and they claim two princesses are in a relationship and a main character (Bow) having two dads that they claim they would show later. They also claim that the main character Adora and Catra would be the relationship to watch. I'm not even fucking listening to them and just shipping if i want regardless of the show hinting it would be cannon.

Anyway back to the original topic, I know the show isn't meant for ships and shit but that's what pull people in! I remember my friend told me about Voltron first season and I was like ok whatever I'll watch it when I have time. And I never did until she told me there's going to be gay rep in it and I was like let me for real check it out. And I ended loving the show and joining the conversation of representation for the gay community. 

Can I mention the fact that they suddenly shoved Allurance down our throats? Like, why...I was so confused on why Allura suddenly had an interest in Lance. Can anyone tell me why..because I just don't know. I thought she was rejected him through season 1-7 and now she met Lance's family...I- okay. I feel like their idea was have Klance, I really do believe that but something happened behind the scenes and Allurance was forced. I don't know if it's just me, but I rather have no romance between the main characters if it's going to be forced. 

Good representation doesn't have to be constantly mentioned but at least mentioned a few times some example like the Steven Universe Garnet scene, when her fusion was a lesbian couple. 

I have to agree with some people, even though rep was terrible and was CLEARLY BAITED (saying that loud for the people in the back ahem.) Don't completely shun the series. It had a mostly great story-line and was running the show for years and that's great. 

However, their build up for characters wasn't good in my opinion. This season felt like a Keith season where he had major battles with just him and took the kill or battled it out. I'm still upset that Keith in the last season took the kill for Shiro. Like MAN you wasn't even there most of the fight at the end you had to come in with your sword. Keith and Lance relationship felt...unresolved to me. I can't see two people go from hating, then getting closer and bonding, then back to that hate like state. I'm not saying have Klance and that would resolve it, but it felt just unresolved to me. I wish they build up Hunk a little more like other characters, I know he was known as the sweet soft guy who can cook a bomb ass meal but I want more layers to his character. I felt like he was lost from all what was happening, he could've developed more and a little more backstory. Also I really feel like they water downed Shiro to me. Shiro was my FAVORITE out of Voltron because in the beginning he was the leader and everyone looked up to him as a dad and he was so sweet and caring and just wanted the best out of the team. As the show progresses, Shiro was pushed back and his character kind of died down to me. As I watch season 8 I really forget that Shiro was still there...like now his presence isn't really there anymore. They could've at least give him a love story with the new Adam but no "It DoEsnT gO wiTh ThE sHoW"-

Voltron could've been better in so many ways, just saying.

But Overrall just throw the whole season away and take Keith out of the closet. Okay seriously though, this type of representation needs to stop...and I know it's not going to go away like that but in the future I hope it lessens down and the community is smarter to not to fall for something like that to bring their hopes up like mines were...

Dreamworks got one more shot with me with their new show She-Ra. If it messes up like Voltron (not even talking about representation, more towards contradicting character development) I'm done. 

Btw I'm going to update my Shadam book soon guys. Also I'm making a Catradora book (She-Ra fanfic) and making another gay miraculous book with either she-ra or yuri on ice i don't know. Comment what you guys thought about Season 8 or Voltron overall and anything in general.