Sighing, she flopped back on the bed with a groan. she didn't have the energy to deal with Jennie at the moment. she had barely got a couple of sips out of Taehyung before she had returned, then had barely got a couple more out of Jennie. she was hungry, dammit.

"Don't you ignore me, Lisa Manoban!" Jennie snapped, storming forward. "You bit me."

Her words made their way through her sleep-fogged mind and her eyes blinked open again. Damn. She'd noticed. she watched her approach, then noticed Taehyung hovering worriedly outside the door.

"Close the damned door," she snapped.

Jennie turned in surprise to the door. Spotting Taehyung there, she looked at his neck. There were marks there, too.

Taehyung's eyebrows flew up at her angry expression. he grabbed the door handle and started to pull it closed. "I'll just close this."

"Just a minute. Let me see your neck," Jennie demanded. She was at the door in an instant and jerking his head to the side. She stared at his throat for a minute, then whirled furiously on Lisa. "You son of a bitch."

"Geez, Jennie. Take a pill. It isn't Lisa's fault. I cut my neck shaving."

She whirled back to Taehyung in shock. He was already closing the door behind her as he left.

The room was enclosed in darkness for a moment; then Lisa flicked the switch on the bedside lamp. Jennie started toward her. "What did you do to him? How could you possibly make him think that is a shaving cut?"

Her incaution was foolish. She got too close and, just like that, Lisa rose up in bed, caught her by the arms and dragged her over her until she slammed down on the mattress. In the next moment, she moved to cover her.

"Get off of me." She had meant to sound commanding. Instead her voice came out weak and breathless. Jennie scowled to try to reinforce her words. She wasn't scared exactly, but there was a quaver in her voice. Lisa's eyes had turned that golden color, though not in anger. she looked like a predator, and Jennie was pretty sure she was the prey. The problem was, she wasn't sure she didn't want to be. Her body was already responding to the feel of her pressing down on her.

Lisa hesitated, then let her eyelids droop over her eyes. she looked like a sleepy lion. It really wasn't much better.

"I am sorry," she said in that proper language of her. Another clue to her vampirism, Jennie thought unhappily. she was probably real old.

"What for?" she asked after several moments of silence.

"For biting you," she answered promptly, then added, "without your permission."

Jennie scowled. "What about Taehyung?"

"It was just a nibble," she said with a shrug. "And you did say I should go to him if I needed anything."

"I didn't mean you should bite him!" Jennie yelled.

Lisa had the nerve to grin. "And what should I have done?"

"You could have"

When she fell into a confused silence, she asked, "What? Said, 'Oh. Say, Taehyung, would you mind picking up a pint of blood while you're out getting peanuts? I'm a tad thirsty at the moment.' " she made a face. "You didn't put my name on the room, so the blood that was supposed to be delivered here was turned away. I was hungry," she explained simply.

Jennie stared at her, her mouth gone dry. she really was a vampire. She suddenly realized that she hadn't really believed it yet. Now she did. Mostly. Shifting under her, she demanded, "Show me your teeth."