"She's not imaginary" I argue.

"Can you blame me for not believing you? You won't tell us her name and none of us have seen her" he argues.

"You have. You just don't know you have" I say and he raises his eyebrow at me.

"More like Captain Mysterious if you ask me" he says and I shake my head. That's just as bad as the Captain Serious nickname if you ask me.

We get the game underway and soon enough it was the first media timeout. The ice girls come out and I keep a eye out for Alexis. Usually I stay focused during the timeouts but Q was pretty chill for once and didn't require my attention. It wasn't hard to find her because she was pretty tall on skates and she had so much hair. She goes out and does her thing and I try not to stare but it's hard. We haven't had too many home games in this young season, but seeing her was always some of my favorite parts of the season so far.

"Wooaaaahhh" Patrick gasps as he stands up in his seat next to mine. He leans closer to the ice as he zeros in on a ice girl, and while this is nothing new for him I had this feeling he was talking about my ice girl. "Look at that ice girl" he says pointing to the girl and I quickly realize he was talking about Alexis. He has this gross smile on his face as he watches her like a hawk. I try to keep quiet but I'm sure that mouth of his is about to get him in trouble. "I know I'm in a relationship but I will not be for one night with that girl" he jokes.

"Watch it" I warn and he scoffs.

"What's with you today" he questions.

"You don't know anything about that girl and yet you act like she would want a one night stand with you. You're not a lion and she's not a gazelle. You can't just prey on her" I say.

"Why are you out here defending a ice girl" he questions.

"Why are you acting like they aren't human beings who already have enough shit to take care of off this ice without any help from you" I counter.

He stares into my eyes before his face softens. He gets that shit eating grin on his face as he looks back out to the ice.

"That's your girlfriend isn't it" he asks as he turns back to me. "You won't talk about your girlfriend because she's a ice girl" he claims.

"No. I won't talk about her because creeps like you can never seem to keep it in your pants. I don't want her to have to worry about her being around idiots preying on her like you just did" I claim.

"Woah, calm down. I'm just messing around" he scoffs.

"You're "just messing around" with someone's life Patrick. You haven't a clue what she has gone through, and she didn't go through it all to be treated like shit" I yell.

The bench falls silent as everyone's eyes fall on me. I see Alexis standing there on the ice looking at me and I close my eyes. I let out a long sigh because this is the last thing I wanted to happen. I didn't want her to get caught up in my life just as much as she didn't want me caught up in hers, but apparently I couldn't even keep that straight.

"Hey hockey man" a soft voice says as I open my eyes. I see Alexis in front of me on the ice and I couldn't help but smile. She has that effect on me. "Why don't you try fighting guys on the other team" she teases and I laugh.

"Thanks. I'll take that into consideration" I say. She sends me a wink before skating off with the rest of the ice girls. I turn to Patrick who was just staring at me in disbelief.

"Listen... I'm sorry I snapped. It's just that this looks one way but what's happening is something totally different. I know you were just trying to be funny but what's been happening with her, it's not funny at all and I hate that you get to yuck it up when I know it's so much harder than that" I explain.

"I would have never said that stuff if you would just tell me what's going on" he claims and I sigh.

"I know. I'm just trying to protect her" I say.

"That might be easier if you had more people on your side than you have hung out to dry" he suggests.

"I'll explain myself... later. Right now I have a lot of pent up anger and a game to win" I say and he taps my helmet.

"That's what I like to hear."

The game comes and goes and we win it handily. I do interviews and shower then grab Patrick as I go to find my girls. Alexis has already changed and gotten Kimberly and was waiting out in the concourse. I bring Patrick over and Alexis was holding Kimmy's hands lifting her up and down as she jumped around. I smile to myself when Kimmy sees me and runs over to me.

"Jonny" she yells before launching herself into my arms. I spin her around as she screams into my ear. I finally stop and she falls into a fit of laughter. "You did awesome" she claims.

"It's because you gave me that good luck hug. It works like a charm" I insist.

"Who is this little cutie pie" Patrick asks as he appears beside me.

"Patrick, this is Kimberly. Kim, this is my friend Patrick" I introduce.

"Do you play hockey too" she asks him and he laughs.

"Yes I do" Patrick says.

"Is Jonny better than you" she questions and I snicker.

"Yes" I say.

"No way" he pouts.

"I think Jonny is the best hockey player ever" she claims and I smile big.

"Thank you" I nod. I knew she would come in handy.

"Good game Jon" Alexis says as she rests her hand on my arm. She pulls me into a quick kiss and I smile real big.

"And who is this" Patrick asks as he smiles. And not the creepy smile from earlier but a kind and inviting one.

"This would be my not imaginary girlfriend, Alexis" I say.

"It's nice to meet you" she smiles.

"You too. You almost got my ass beat" Patrick admits and I laugh.

"Yeah. Not my finest moment" I admit.

"Well we're all good now. And it's way past someone's bed time" Alexis claims.

"Is it Patrick" Kimberly asks and we all laugh.

"It's you, you stinker" Alexis says and Kim starts to pout.

"Alright. Lets get home. Patrick... watch your mouth" I warn.

"Lesson learned" he nods.