Chapter One

**DISCLAIMER**

IM SORRY IF ANYTHING ABOUT CHRISTIANITY IN THIS IS WRONG, I DID WHAT I THOUGHT WAS RIGHT. IF YOU FIND ANYTHING INCORRECT PLEASE MESSAGE ME WITH THE CORRECTION, AND PLEASE DO NOT BE OFFENDED. I AM NOT CHRISTIAN

   When I woke up, it was because my father had taken the sheets off my bed. He yelled at me to be downstairs in the throne room in the next 10 minutes. I got myself out of my bed in my room in the castle, and I attached a small piece of wood connected to some metal to where my right foot was supposed to be. I had lost it in the war that happened ten years ago. From what I remember, I was fighting alongside my dad's best mate's children, and then we got separated. I saw what I figured to be the enemy scanning the field for lost soldiers, and then one of them saw me and yelled, "I found Prince Seth!"

   At first, I didn't know what he had been talking about. I had thought my name was completely different, so I had probably hit my head. Today was my coronation day to become king although I didn't feel like a king, or a prince more or less. I should be glad to be a person of high authority in Wrolan. You have rights, and you don't get punished. People who are residents get whipped even if they're a quarter away from reaching the rent my father requires. It's horrible, but I never said anything to him about it. I didn't want to make him angry otherwise he'd think I was too weak to be king. He'd crown my little brother, Markus and I'd say he's very serious and worthy. He was also fun to joke with, although it's hard to tell he's my brother. We look nothing alike, and now that I think of it, I don't even look like my family at all. Everyone in my family's got blonde hair, but I've got brown. They've also all got blue eyes, but I've got brown. My doctor says it was the war that bloodied me up so bad, but I don't think something like that can change your hair and eye colour. My father suggested I had fallen in mud, and because God didn't like my appearance with my brown hair and blue eyes, he changed them to brown.

   My family was very religious. Before we ate, we prayed. Before we slept, we prayed. Before we did anything at all, we prayed. I didn't believe in the prayers we did, but then again, I didn't say anything. I started walking down the stairs, where I found Markus staring at me with a smile. "Good morning, brother," he said.

   "Morning," I said. "How are you?"

   "Better, now that my brother's about to be king," Markus finally blinked.

   "I thought you'd be jealous," I said, surprised.

   "I am, but you know how the law goes."

   "Well you might be crowned soon enough, I'm not going to do well," I groaned.

   Markus patted my shoulder, "Don't be silly. You're seventeen, I'm thirteen. I couldn't possibly."

   I smiled, as Markus wasn't usually this nice to me. It was odd but enjoyable. We both made our way down the stone stairs to the throne room, where my father and mother were waiting.

   "Seth," said my father, "very big day for you. I'm glad you've taken responsibility."

   He hugged me, but whispered in my ear, "Don't mess this up or I'll feed you to the wolves!"

   There were wolves around our kingdom and whenever people really disobeyed my father he fed them to the wolves. The way he treated me wasn't very fatherly, either. My mother, on the other hand, was good. She always told me I could sleep in for another half-hour or so when my father dragged the blankets off me. She'd always teach me the rules in a way I could understand, and wouldn't yell at me any time I got something wrong.

   "Oh, Seth," she held my hands and had that look like she was about to explode into tears. "You're getting so big now. I wish you all the best."