Get out of town Cyrus!

Start from the beginning

The aura sphere passes over Cyrus who shrieks in defiance before both him and the aura sphere disease.

*no one's POV*
As the aura sphere touches onto Cyrus' body, the pain energy beginning to destroy his arms as he attempts to stop the sphere... a portal... black as the void with an image on the other side of Salem's infernal castle engulfs Cyrus before he is destroyed and shuts as he is transported away.

*Y/n's POV*

Myself and Lucario fall to the floor led on out backs, Lucaio's mega form deactivates as he reverts back to normal. I look over it at him and he smiles.

Y/n: "we... did... it... good job pal."

I hear the crunching of lots coming closer, then I see Raven looking down at me smiling, her hair spilling around her face, blocking my view of everything but her perfect face.

Raven: "you sir, are a badass."
She kneels down and brushes her hair out of the way then kisses me passionately. I wrap my arms around her and reciprocate the kiss.

Y/n: "I'm your badass."

Raven: "well I think my badass and his badass partner could do with some rest. Come on." She pulls me up to my feet and rests my arm across her shoulders. I return Lucario to his pokeball and we start walking towards the survivors of the burnt down tavern.

*timeskip, 2 days later*

I'm sat on top of the watchtower of the village, my legs dangling over the side as I focus and try to ignore what's about to happen. Mom's going back to Sinnoh, and Raven... I have to say goodbye to her. Her and her team are returning to Mistral for debriefing and I'm sticking around here to protect the village. Growlithe nudges me hand with his nose and I take that as a sign to stroke his head.

Y/n: "I'm ok boy... I just don't want to say goodbye to her."

Sylvia: "hey Y/n!" I look over the edge and Sylvia and her girls along with Torterra who's giving her two daughters a piggy back are looking up towards me "your mom's going now!"

Y/n: "we'll be right there!"

Me and Growlithe jump onto the nearest roof and slide down to the floor. Growlithe sits on Torterra as I steady my breathing. I can feel my hands shaking and Sylvia sees. She places her hand on my shoulder

Sylvia: "Y/n come on. This isn't the last you'll see either of them. That space time rip isn't going anywhere, and Raven promised you she'd visit you often."

Yn: "I know... I just didnt think it would be this hard y'know?"

Sylvia: "come on. We're right here with you."

I hug mom who takes a few moments before realising I'm actually showing affection to her and hugs me back
Cynthia: "you sure you won't come back with us? We could use an aura guardian around Sinnoh again."

I place my arm around Lucario who smirks and folds his arms.
Y/n: "nah, my place is here now."

Raven: "you mean our place is here."

Y/n: "what?"

Raven: "I've spoken to the team and... I'm staying with you here. We'll protect this village together." Raven strokes Growlithe who nuzzles under her arm "all of us."

Cynthia: "well come visit us when you can." She kisses my forehead then hugs me tightly "I'm so proud of you Riley."

Y/n: "thanks mom."

Cynthia: "oh and... oh where did I put it?" She fumbles around in her bag "aha!" She pulls out a small velvet drawstring bag and opens it. She pulls out several stones which I know to be for evolution. "I have a fire stone, I always carry these just in case I come across trainers who haven't found any yet."

Y/n: "what do you think buddy? Wanna evolve?"

Growlithe yips excitedly and sits in front of mom

Cynthia: *giggles* "I'll take that as a yes."

She touches the stone to Growlithe's head who begins glowing brighter and brighter, his form growing larger and longer as his fur becomes a mane around his head. With a loud howl the light explodes into speckles of light which drift to the floor and there stands Arcanine!

 With a loud howl the light explodes into speckles of light which drift to the floor and there stands Arcanine!

Y/n: "well look at you pal!" Arcanine runs towards me and pins me to the floor licking my face. "Alright man come on!" I go to stand up and Arcanine grabs my coat in his teeth and throws me up onto his back "thank you mom."

Cynthia strokes Arcanines head and looks at him before then turning her attention towards Raven
Cynthia: "just look after my son... both of you."

Raven: "you have my word. I'll try to keep them all out of trouble... but that may be harder than I expect."

*meanwhile no one's POV*

Cyrus, with a burnt jacket and a stump covered in bandages where his right arm should be walks into Salems throne room. She inspects her nails without even looking at him

Salem: "your task was simple. Destroy the aura guardian and his mother before they can be a problem to us. Yet somehow you've made it more problematic than before. Sit." She points to an empty chair at the table. Cyrus sits down cautiously.

Cyrus: "your grace I can explain, I-"

Salem: "-you were overconfident, foolish, and went in without a strategy. It seems I cannot rely on you alone to get a orb done. So I have had to call on others from your reality to assist... I assume you know Giovanni?"

 I assume you know Giovanni?"