By the evening, he has started to relax and there are stretches of time where it's as if nothing sinister has happened at all.

His cheeky laugh sneaks out every now and then, his eyes trying their best not to twinkle as they crease at the sides but I catch it before he remembers what is bothering him and they fade back down.

It's getting late, our socks absent-mindlessly rub together on the couch as he keeps me wrapped up in his arms and another movie we have now seen far too many times plays without either of us really watching.

I roll my body around to face him, his heavy gaze on mine, neither of us speaking but not needing to either.

The colour has started to return to his cheeks after his marathon sleep and far too many cups of tea today, his mouth back to being the bubblegum pink I love so much.

Harry takes in a deep breath, his fingers reaching up to comb lightly through my hair as he gazes down at me through his bottom lashes. Gently, he tucks a strand behind my ear as we both rest our heads on the same cushion, our noses so close they are almost touching.

Although he is more handsome than I could have dreamed, there is no denying how incredibly sad and withdrawn he is.

The tip of my index finger traces the heavy set of his brows, slowly dusting over one, then the other, hoping they visibly soften and he rests his tired eyes and lets the feeling of my touch sink in.

I move my finger across his beautiful features, indulging in this quiet moment of reflection.

My touch graces across his cheek bones, along the sharp edge of his jaw littered with stubble, down the bridge of his nose, brushing gently over his pronounced cupid's bow and top lip before his eyelids lazily open and his green eyes burn into mine.

Harry reaches up and takes hold of my wandering hand, pressing my finger back down to his lips and kissing the tip.

He mirrors my actions, my skin breaking out into goosebumps as he copies my path with his own finger and explores the features on my face. Moving at a heart-stopping pace, Harry makes my whole body feels like it's finally awake after laying dormant for years.

He licks his lips as he gets to mine, his mouth so close it's intoxicating and he swipes the pad of his thumb across my bottom lip.

"You're perfect," he whispers.

My lips part, my pulse racing and my breath short as my body is overcome with the desire to kiss him, to be closer.

"The things I would do for you. My Lexi."

One of Harry's hands tangles into my hair and grips the back of my neck as he edges himself closer, resting his forehead on mine and brushing the tips of our noses together, a frustrated grumble escaping his lips and pain on his face.

He is conflicted, I know he is, not about how he feels but about taking this further and perhaps letting me down or getting me wrapped up into whatever trouble he is in.

I don't care.

I lean forward and my whole body tingles when my lips meet his with a gentle kiss.

Harry exhales sharply from his nose, his breath warm on my face as he tightens his grip on my neck and kisses me back, his lips parting my own and our tongues meeting with both urgency and care.

My stomach flutters at the taste of him, my hormones racing and there is no turning back as he rolls on top of me and kisses me deeper.

Our hands are moving too quickly, matching the pace of the blood rushing to my head and the room spinning around me as I dance around the hem of his t-shirt before running my hands under it.

His lips suction to my neck, my head rolling back into the couch to give him access as he nips and sucks downwards before kissing me hard of the mouth again, his tongue stealing my breath as it pushes forward.

We are both panting as he pulls away ever so slightly, trying to compose himself as he reasons with the devil on his shoulder.

"Lexi, wait."

I know he is trying to talk me out of it, keep me out of harm's way but I don't want to hear it.

"Please don't, Harry. I'm begging you to leave the regrets until the morning. I want this so much," I plead.

His eyes search mine, his lips redder and more swollen than before and my expression begs him not to ruin this moment, even if it's only ever a moment.

His face crumples in pain as he internally debates right from wrong, but if this is wrong then it's something I will gladly pay the consequences for.

Harry thinks for too long, my impatience getting the better of me and my hands creep up his chest, before I hook my finger into the cross pendant dangling between his pecks and pull his lips back into mine.

The uncontrollable groan that gurgles in his throat makes my core clench and I'm unaware that I am lifting my hips up into him until he holds them down with one large hand.

"God, Lexi, I..." he stops himself before gasping for air.

Suddenly, I'm upside down as Harry throws me playfully over his shoulder. I squeal as his boyish cackle echoes through the house and makes my stomach tumble with the sickeningly sweet mixture of lust and love.

A/N:

It's coming...*gulp*

Love Ruby

x