Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Thank you for taking care of her Dr. Bianchi. We'll see you soon."

"You get some rest too Harry."

He nods his head, promising to try his best to sleep.

***

I'm trying to get out of bed and of course Harry stops me again.

"You heard the doctor; I need you resting."

"Baby, I'm fine."

"Willow, the last time you tried to tell me that you were fine you couldn't even finish the sentence before you fainted. Stop being so stubborn and lay down please, I'll get you something to drink and I'll lay down with you. I'm not going anywhere, I promise."

When he leaves the room to grab me some water, I start weeping. I'm scared, I feel like something is seriously wrong, but I don't know what it could be. My body is weak, simply put, everything just feels off.

Making his way back into the room, he sees me crying. He rushes to sit on the bed next to me and nearly drops the glass of water on the floor. Somehow, he successfully sits it on the nightstand.

He climbs up into the bed wrapping me in his arms while tears stream down my face. I snuggle close to his chest, because this is my home, it's where I feel the safest.

"Angel are you ok, are you feeling sick? What can I get you?"

"I'm scared Harry, I've never felt so tired and weak. I've been feeling like this for days."

"Damnit Willow, why didn't you tell me? Baby, I would've taken care of you."

The harsh tone in his voice makes me cry harder. I know I shouldn't have kept this to myself. I understand he's not trying to yell at me, but I'm so emotional the sudden change in his mood is upsetting me even further.

His body tenses up and he lifts my chin to look at his face. His facial features soften, and he gives me a tender smile.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you. I know you're not feeling well. I'm sorry for upsetting you. I'm just worried about you darling. You could've told me you weren't feeling well. You know that, right?"

"I didn't want to ruin your vacation. You were so happy about this trip and our engagement. I just wanted everything to be perfect for you. And the sex...all of it, I just wanted you to feel good."

"You should've been resting instead of running around London and fulfilling all of my sexual fantasies. This is my fault baby, I should've known. It didn't even occur to me that you weren't feeling well."

"Harry don't say that, those aren't just your fantasies, they're mine too. I just wanted to be with you. I wanted to do all those things just as much as you did. It was all perfect, and it's not your fault, I'm the one who hid it from you."

"Angel, you know it's ok to tell me anything. But even if you'd been sick in bed the whole time, I would've taken care of you and I still would've been happy."

He facepalms himself because of how his former statement sounds.

"Shit, I didn't mean it to sound like that. I wouldn't be happy that you're sick, just happy because I'm with you."

I caress his cheek and smile.

"I know baby. You're so precious, and you worry too much."

A slight blush covers his cheeks, then his face becomes serious again.

"You have to take care of yourself, please don't keep things like this from me. I love you, and it's my job to protect you...it's our job to protect each other. We're a team."