~Chapter 1 ~

'Everything isn't so perfect is it'

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chelsea come on!! We have to get going!" Steve yells through our mostly empty apartment, I groan rolling my eyes not wanting to get up from the couch.

"Get going where exactly?" I yell back, I can hear him mumble under his breath clearly annoyed.

He walks in, standing in the doorway crossing his arms, "we're going to see a movie.." he trails off, I raise my eyebrow clearly not believing it as he try and looks to something for him to make whatever he's doing not suspicious.

"Steve ... Where are we actually going?" I ask standing up from the couch.

"to a movie?" He says, having it sound more like a question, I think he's even unsure of what he just said.

I chuckle "I can tell your lieing Steve"

He breathes in before looking down, "fine I'm going to enlist again.." he mutters out.

My eyes widen "Steve no! You can't leave! I'm going to be alone, I won't have anyone!" I yell to him.

"I know Chels but, we need the money!" He yells back to me as he paces to the other side of the room, I begin playing with the bracelet wrapped around my small wrist getting somewhat mad.

"Yeah we need the money, but I don't want my only living relative dying steve!" I start, feeling the tears swell up in my eyes.

Steve's face softens, walking over he pulls me into a hug and resting my head on his shoulder "I love you sis but please let me, i need to do this." he mumbles.

"your the only blood family I have" I mumble.

He rubs my back "i know..but I'll be okay I would never leave you! your my little sister and it's my job to protect you. But please." He asks again.. I think for a moment.

I look to the window, knowing there's absolutely no way in stopping him even if I tied him down, he'd somehow still fight his way out to enlist.

"Fine"Is all I manage to say, he smiles pulling out of the hug.

The front door then swings open revealing Kaitlyn, she smiles leaning against the frame. "who wants to see a movie?"She asks cocking a brow up.

"yeah I'll come, Steve's on his way to enlist again" I laugh out sarcastically.

Steve rolls his eyes "your enlisting? Good luck" Kaitlyn says looking towards him, he nods in response.

We then all walk out of the house heading down the street to where they were holding the enlisting centre. Before he goes, I grab his arm, "good luck" say to him, he smiles down at me.

"thanks Chelsea, stay out of trouble I don't wanna come and save you too" he says.

I snort a laugh out "you mean the other way Around?" He turns around shaking his head before entering the building.

It's just me and Kaitlyn now.

We walk down the street figuring out where the movie theatre is, we honestly haven't been around this part of town in a while.

We soon give up, after being late to the movie we were wanting to see.

"We should go see Landon, surely he wouldn't be busy" Kaitlyn says as we start walking towards his complex.

——

I knock on the door, hearing a faint 'I'm coming!' from inside, the door swings open to reveal a very tired looking Landon, he rubs his eyes, before coming to realisation that we're at the door.

"oh, hey Kaitlyn .. Hey Chelsea, come on in" he says with a bright smile, We step in the house and follow him into the kitchen..

"So how have you been" I ask.

"Its going good I guess, I got called back in to go to London tomorrow morning" he says looking up, I think he noticed the sad expression written across me and Kaitlyns face.

"what's wrong?" He asks coming over between us rubbing our backs, Kaitlyn try's to hide her sad eyes before Landon notices, he sighs.

"It's just Steve is trying to enlist again, and Buckys leaving tomorrow too.." I trail off.

"oh.. I'm sorry Chelsea, Kaitlyn.. have you told bucky about the thing yet? Because I'm sure if you did he wouldn't go?" He asks trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"unfortunately no, and Kaitlyn knows don't worry, I don't think he even likes me that way" I reply to him, Kaitlyn slaps my arm.

"nonsense! Who wouldn't wanna go out with the prettiest gal in town! I mean I wouldn't mind a date with Hayley though.." he mumbles the last part making me snort out a laugh.

Kaitlyn just sits there oblivious onto what was just mentioned.

"thanks Landon" I say leaning into his chest seeing as he wraps his arms around me while Kaitlyn scoots over bringing her into the hug as well.

"you know what? Let's go to the stark expo tonight it'll get both of your minds off of things" he says showing us the news paper.

We look down at it, seeing in big font letters 'flying cars'

"yeah that'd be amazing, I'm sure Steve wouldn't mind, it starts in a couple of hours anyway" I reply to him, he nods as grabs his coat, "we'll meet you there we gotta go find an outfit" I say to him he laughs before bidding goodbye and me and Kaitlyn go off to find dresses for tonight.

——

Updated: 12/7/21

If your also a fan of the maze runner be sure to go read "sweet chaotic memories" it's a newt story and at the moment I'm starting write the second book to it "a scorched Destiny"

I'll be continuing this story once I finish that one, as this story will take a while to adit and finish since I wrote this when I was like 12 haha it needs a lot of work