Chapter 20

My eyes stay put on the spot Bucky was once standing, trying to comprehend what the hell had just happened, I thought he died all them years ago, though what he's become now is terrifying knowing I used to be just like that, even now I still don't trust myself.

Steve takes my arm, leading me behind him as Shield comes rushing in from every side, guns pointed towards us, I look up towards him worried at what comes next for me .. for us.

"Drop the shield, cap! Get on your knees!" rumlow yells repeatedly as he runs up to my brother and kicking his leg out.

I stumble away watching as Shield agents start detaining Natasha and Sam, I begin to panic not knowing where to look or where to go until I feel a cold, tight, metal band wrap around my neck before feeling sharp pins shoot in through the surface of my skin.

"Get down on your knees now!" a man yells towards me, seeing as his gun is pointed towards my head.

I calmly abide lowering myself to the ground, feeling my eyes start to grow heavy, while a strong stinging sensation starts burning into my chest and then nothing.

-----

My eyes flutter open, feeling the same sensation in my chest as before, though when I usually wake up I always notice the sun shinning through the ratchet, stained curtains, but this time, three concrete walls and metal bars is what I open my eyes to.

I start to remember the events of this morning reaching my hand towards the cold, textured wall in an attempt to help myself up, I glance towards the bars before freezing in my spot.

"Bucky?"

His tired eyes reach mine, a blank expression painted across his face, almost looking as if he recognizes me, with a bit more strength I carry myself towards the metal bars, wrapping my hands around two of the poles.

"Are the others here?" I mumble seeing as he's still watching me.

I cant help but begin to glance over his shirtless chest seeing multiple scar's and scratches around the metal arm, Hydra must of found him after the accident, it was truly sad to read about but seeing this makes it even sadder.

Silence fills the air between us, waiting on an answer before he notices I was talking to him, he lowers his head shaking it softly, feeling my expression drop knowing what this could possibly mean for me.

My back connects with the wall, sliding down to the damp tiles and bringing my knees to my chest. My hand raises to the cold band around my neck, wincing at the feeling of the pins still lodged into my neck, I mentally curse at myself for getting into this situation in the first place, I shouldn't have visited the fucking museum.

 "Did I know you?" A raspy voice stutters, I raise my head looking towards the source seeing as it came from Bucky.

I nod my head, "Yeah .. yeah you did"

The tension releases from his shoulders, seeing almost relief float through his eyes, "how? .. how did we know each other?"

My head lays against the wall as I start fiddling with my fingers, "uh .. you were in love with me way back when .. and I loved you too .. but, I don't think I'm going to remember that for much longer" 

"I-i want to remember .." He mumbles, the sadness searing out with every word, I turn towards him, my eyes dull and heavy.

"I know .."

A loud bang interrupts the silence seeing as people with white, pearly lab coats and heavily armored guards fold into the room, I quickly move up towards the metal bars, making eye contact with a guard before watching him jolt back raising his gun towards me.

"Lower your weapon dumb ass, she has the collar on, she cant get ya." one of the people in the lab coat speaks, the guard lowers his gun with a slight nod positioning himself beside the cell door along with another guy.

My eyes travel to Bucky seeing the white lab coated men start re-pairing his metal arm with different kinds of welding tools, his expression still dull, I lean my forehead against the bars noticing Bucky start to twist and turn in his spot as if just seen a ghost before watching him push the welder away with full force.

The guards raise the guns towards him in a hurry, feeling myself start to grow worried by the minute, his eyes trained into the ground.

"Buck just breath, your okay" I mumble, in an attempt to calm him down, his face un tenses but still looks as though he could kill someone any minute.

The sound of the door opening echoes throughout the room watching as a familiar man walks into the circle of guards, he looks around before his eyes meet mine seeing as he removes his glasses, a simple smile tugging onto his lips before turning back to Bucky, "Mission report."

Bucky stays silent, his eyes now fixated on mine.

"Mission report now."

The man stalks closer to him, before raising his hand and hitting Bucky across the face watching as he doesn't wince. 

"Hey! don't touch him!" I shout desperate to be able to help.

The man turns to me flicking his fingers towards the door, a guard starts to unlock the door seeing as two more file in grabbing ahold of my arms and dragging me out.

"The man on the bridge. Who was he?" Bucky mumbles towards the older man.

His head snaps towards him, "You met him earlier this week on another assignment."

"I knew him."

The man pulls out a chair planting himself on it, "Your work has been a gift to mankind. you shaped the century. And I need you to do it one more time. Society's at a tipping point between order and chaos. And tomorrow morning we're gonna give it a push. But if you don't do your part, I cant do mine. And Hydra can't give the world the freedom it deserves."

"But I knew him." Bucky trails off.

The man sighs, before standing up and looking towards everyone, "prep him."

my head turns towards his, feeling as if my hearts been tugged at, the emotion, the sadness plastered on Bucky's face is breaking me, though this tells me I really did care about him way back when.

"He's been out of cryo freeze too long." one of the scientists state.

"Then wipe him and start over." 

They all walk over to him pushing him back into the seat before giving him a mouth guard, I feel my eyes start to tear up knowing what's about to happen, they start the machine up watching as the head gears lower towards Bucky's head, his breathing quickening up before the metal head contraption connects to his. His screams filling the room, seeing as the pain pulsates around his face and body.

"Just kill me." I mumble, Its what Hydra wanted right? I don't want to live with myself if I cant remember anything, after all the progress I've done to remember so far.

The man walks up to me, his head looking down to my eyes.

" you evil bastards!" I spit towards his shoe.

The man laughs, as he plants his hand on my shoulder, "its great to have you back Chelsea."

----

Hiya guys, another chapter should be out sooon!

Remember to vote and follow me!