Thirteen.

"You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give." ~ Khalil Jibran.

SHUBMAN'S POV

Oh my God.
I look around and I am in a hospital room.
Pallak. She's here.
Papa crosses my mind
"Oh shit" I intended to shout but it comes out as a small whisper.
"Shub" I turn and its Kavya.
She's also here.
"My dad" I sob "he had a heart attack , I have to return to India"
"Shub" Abhay starts speaking "Meri Shahneel didi se baat hui, uncle ji theek hai ab"
Something crosses Pallak's face but she recovers almost immediately and says to me "Look at yourself Shubman. You have to rest"

I look at my legs and one of them is bandaged.
"Fracture?" I ask to no one in paticular.
"Nahi, Thank God. It's nothing serious" Manjot states and then hits my head.
"Abbey Kya?" I groan.
"Kutte agar tujhe Kuch hojata toh?" He scolds me and Pallak smiles, a small and sad smile.
"Par yaar papa" I try to reason with him.
"Wo theek hain" Abhay interferes.
"Shahneel ko call Karna tha phirse. I need to talk to papa" I state.
"Abhi nahi" Pallak says "Abhishek can call you sister, you have to rest"
"Yes. Mai Phir call karke aata hu" Abhay walks "and Pallak, call me Abhay" he tells her and she nods.
"Sam come along?" He says to Samiksha from the door and she hurries to him.
"Pallak" I say and she turns to look at me.
I sigh.
Here she is, right in front of me and I am never letting her away from me, ever again.
"Kya" she says softly.
"I am sorry" I say as she moves closer to me and our eyes lock for the briefest of moments. I am oblivious to everything else but her.
She is here and that is enough.
"Shubman" she breathes and then stays silent , out hand are almost touching when Kavya starts "Shub" she says so loudly that it startles Pallak and she sits straight.
"Shub suno toh" Kavya continues.
"Yes?" I smile at her.
"You have to introduce me to you Shahneel didi, I'd love to meet her"
"Sure, Kavya" I say and then turn to Pallak "Tum milogi Kya us se?" I ask her
"Pehle tumse toh mil lu" she rolls her eyes and then stands up. I immediately grab her hand, almost as a reflex. Achanak Kya Hua isko?
"Mandy, Kavya can you please give us a minute? I have to talk to Pallak" I say
"Ofcource" Mandy gets up
"Isme darna Kya hai?" He says to a horrified Pallak and then leaves , Kavya follows without even a word.

"Shubman Kya ...Abhi.... Yeh" she mumbles
"Shhh" I tell her , still holding her wrist.
"Pehle toh its Shub. Now I have some explaining to do"'
"Okay" she mumbles again.
"Now if you would please sit. So that I may start?"
She sits down.
She's so close to me, I can't even imagine going far now.

"About Ishan and Sana-" she cuts me off
"Shubman" she looks at me pleadingly , her eyes are clearly saying not now.
"Its important. I swear" I tell her "you be seated and let me finish all the way through pehle , then you can daant me or whatever you want" I offer a smile which she returns.
"Okay"
"No, no. Not okay. PROMISE?" I ask her
"Okay, fine. I promise. I won't interrupt you. Ab toh theek hai?"
I smile and then start again.
"After Riyan introduced us and you went away. Ishan came to us and I told him about you"
"WHAT ABOUT ME?!" She cuts m off again.
"Pallak! You promised"
"Oops sorry but what about me ?"
"Pallak!"
"Acha baba continue"
"I told him ki I really liked you"
"You what?!" She shouts and then realises she wasn't supposed to tak and motions that she has zipped her mouth.

So I continue "actually these guys were pulling my leg, toh Ishan ko Pata chala that I like you a lot. Like bohut" I say and expect her to interupt but she doesn't. She's Looking down. A bright pink colour creeping up her cheeks.
"Then Ishan said ki he's not sure but you may have a boyfriend"
She looks up at me, her eyes are wide with some emotion, I can't comprehend.
She shakes her head subtly.

"Toh I get a bit doubtful, then I asked you to dance, mainly to know if you were single or not , then you get a call and i happened to catch the name on screen and I thought it said Jaan, and was your boyfriend. Then I got angry at you and left. Later I realised zaroori nahi hota. Lekin it was too late, I thought you must despise me-"
"You think too much" she's a mix of angry and sad.
"Pallak" I say "I'm so so sorry"
There's hint of tears in her eyes.
"It was my best friend, Divya." She  blurts.
"I feel so stupid" I confess and she looks at me, right into my eyes.

She's sad.
She's angry at me - for jumping to conclusions.
My hand reaches out to her. I touch her soft cheeks and tremble.
She's too perfect to be real.
"Pallak" I say very softly, stroking her cheek and she closes her eyes, a tear or two escaping.
She moves closer, placing her hand on mine and then she holds it tight.
"Don't go again" she says in between a few tears.
"I will never" I whisper "I promise."

SOOO? please tell me what you think of this chapter.
Also, I wrote this very quick. So I'm sorry for any errors, I had no time to proof read.
I'm going to pick the pace up in the upcoming chapters, so that Shubman and Pallak get together real soooooon.
Thankyou!
~T. 🌸