Three.

"With the potential to fall, comes the potential to fly"

PALLAK'S POV

"-and he stared ! I can't believe" I narrate the incidents with Shubman to Suhana, Mona and Deepika.
"I mean wohoo" I reach for my phone and then text my best friend, Divya
'Guess whaaaaaaat?'

"Let's go outside now" Mona suggests and starts wearing her heels again.
I nod. "Right lets go"
"Look at your excitement level girl !" Deepika laughs and opens the door and one by one we all move out of the room into the hall, which is now dimly lit, soft background music playing and many people are dancing.

SHUBMAN'S POV.

"There she comes" I say to no one in paticular , as I stare Pallak.
Ofcource, I say to myself, she is so beautiful and perfect, she surely must be taken.
Orange suits her very much, her hazel eyes so noticeable under the colour, as she senses my gaze and smiles a bit and then lowers her lashes.
"Huh" I sigh.
"Arey Bhai !" (Brooo) Abhay wakes me from my trance.
"Yeah?" I say
"We are not sure she's taken, she's so into you. Look at the way she's stealing glances at you." Manjot tells me.
"I don't know Mandy..." I tell him a bit unsurely
"Pata Karle" (Then find out) Mayank states cooly while checking his Instagram feed.
"Haan Bhai Kaise'' (yeah bro how?) I ask him because I cannot go directly and ask her, if she has a boyfriend.
Mayank just shrugs
While Prithvi adds "Dance Karle uske saath , Phir baatu baatu Mai Pata Karle Kuch" (Just dance with her and then talk to her)
"As stupid as this idea is," I say "I'm gonna go dance" and then I get up and walk towards her table.

PALLAK'S POV

"Oh God ! Shubman Gill is coming here, like ABHI" Suhana squeals.
"What" my eyes widen and then I turn around, there he is, walking towards us, smiling. God ! Those dimples are perfection.

"Hi" I say as soon as he reaches our table.
"May I have the pleasure?" He forwards his hand.
I smile and place my hand into his, it send shivers down my spine, and my cousins start giggling. Before leaving the table , he waves at my cousins and mumbles a small "hello"

Then , We Dance.
His hand on my bare waist, feels so cold yet warm.
"So" he says
"So?" I repeat.
"Kya karti Ho Tum" (what do you do?) he askes me, never lowering his gaze from my face.
"Writer hu. Blogs Aur magazines ke liye likhti hu, par business join Karna hai papa ka" (Im a writer, write for blogs and magazines. But I have to join my fathers Business) I narrate as we gracefully move on the floor to the slow , soft tunes of a Bollywood song, I did not knew.
We continue to dance , as we come across Ishan Jeeju and Sana, dancing. They are so in love !
Sana winks at me, while I think Ishan jeeju raised an eyebrow at Shubman? ~ kahi iski girlfriend toh nahi ! (Does he have a girlfriend?) I suddenly think and right on cue , he speaks again.
"Mai toh cricketer hu" (I'm a cricketer)
I nod.
"Chandigarh se hu. 20 saal ka hu. Single hu, Aur Tum?" (I hail from Chandigarh, and I'm 20 years old and definitely single and you?) He continues.
"Mai-" (I am-) I start to speak when Mona comes running to us.
"Tera important call hai" (it's an important call for you) she hands me the phone and runs away but not before receiving a death glare from me.
"Hello?" I say into the phone.

SHUBMAN'S POV.

-because Pallak had to attend this call, we move aside and she starts talking
"Hello?" She says into the phone while leaning on the wall, playing with her hair. God! She has such a killer figure!
"Haaan.... Nahi nahi pagal" (yes... no no, stupid!) she continues talking.
"Guess karo" (guess)
"Acha Acha. Abhi I'm busy. Baad mai baat kare, please?" (Okay okay. Right now I'm busy. Let's talk later)
"Chalo theek, bye" (okay fine. Bye) and she cuts the phone, but I just manage to catch the name on her phone and it says 'JAAN ❤️💍' (Lifeline)