Eleven.

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger." ~ Emily Brontë

PALLAKS POV

In the morning I was getting ready, dancing to some old songs by one direction when my Phone rang.
It was an unknown number.

"Hello?" I turn down the music.
"Pallak. Is it ?" The voice at the other end says.
"Yes. Who's this?"
"It's Manjot. Manjot Kalra. Shubman's friend" he sounded a bit low.
"Oh. Okay Hi" it was awkward.
"Wo actually... Shubman has been in a small accident." (shubman has been in a small accident)
"What?!" I get up and start to cry.
He doesn't say anything.
"Is he fine?" I say in between muffled sobs "where's he?"
"The city hospital close to airport" he sighs
"I'll be there"
I say and put the phone down and I don't even bother changing or anything. I grab the first jacket I lay eyes upon and run .

"Pallak where are-" Veronica starts to say but I slam the door and get into a taxi and am anxious the whole ride.

It's a small accident I tell myself
Just a small one
Shub is fine.
I am going to see him
I need to stay calm
He's fine.

When I reach the hospital, I recognise Manjot standing outside, and rush to him.
"Shubman" I say to him.
He's talking on the phone and motions for me to wait.
"Yeah don't worry, bye bye" he puts his phone in the pocket of his jacket and then says to me
"Chalo" (come)
And I walk after him without another word.

In the lift he smiles at me and says "he's fine Abhi. (Now) It was just a small accident"
I nod and then ask "he's up?"
"No"

So we walk into Shubman's room and there he was. Lying down. Leg lifted a bit up having a small scar on his forehead.
I swallow my cries and walk to him, silently and gently touch his forehead and then close my eyes for I don't know how long.
I open my eyes when Abhishek comes and taps my shoulder.

"Pallak" he says "coffe?" And hands me a cup.
He motions for me to sit down and so I do, just as two girls walk in.
Abhishek engulfs one of them for a hug.
"Sam" he breathes.
The other one turns towards me and I offer a small smile which she doesn't return.
"Manjot walks up to me after greeting the girls, who then walk to Shubman.

One of them is holding Abhay's hand and the other one rests her hands on Shubman's.
Argh !
Manjot senses my anger and says "Kavya , Samiksha- this is Pallak. Shubman's very good friend"
I smile.
"I'm Kavya and this is Samiksha." The girl holding shubi's hand says
" you can call me Sam" Samiksha smiles "so you are Pallak, I have heard a lot about you" she looks up to Abhishek who nudges her to stay quiet.
"you have?" I ask
"YOU HAVE?" Kavya shouts at her.
"Jeez relax Kavya" she laughs
Okay Samiksha is nice. And I don't like Kavya.

We don't talk for a very long time after that except Samiksha and Abhishek who are sitting in a corner and talking amongst themselves.
Manjot is sitting besides Kavya, near Shubman and I am sitting near the window.
I decide to text Divya and Veronica as they must be getting very worried.
I switch off my phone and there are A LOT of calls and messages.
16 from Divya
9 from Veronica
And 2 from dad.

I text dad first

"Hey dad , can't call right now. I'll call you later in the evening.
Love you"

Then I text in our group chat

"Hi guys, I am so so sorry had to leave like this - Shub's been in an accident. So I had to rush here, I'll be back home after he wakes up.
Sorry and i love you girls"

After what seems like years Abhay talks
"You guys, I'm gonna go get some coffee. You want anything?"
"I'll have one" Kavya says
He looks at me and I shake my head
As he stands up , I go to Shubman and place my hand on his forehead and that's when he stirs and mumbles "Pallak"
Abhishek instantly runs back from the door to bedside , Manjot and Kavya stand up immediately and Kavya glares at me. Samiksha also rushes to my side.
"Yes Shubman" I sob "it's me"
"Pallak" he mumbles again.
"Shub she's here" Manjot speaks.
"I'll call the doctor" Samiksha rushes outside.
"Pallak" Shubman says this time a little louder.
"Haan" I hold his hand and his eyes shoot open .

Hii guys ! I know it's been a really long time since I updated and I'm sorry for that.
I'll try to be more active.
Hope y'all liked the chapter.
Thankyou.
~T 🌸