Chapter Four

Another Annoying Disaster

A/N _ Picture on the right is Dion (you just have to know that Nathaniel is more handsome)

"Enough. The guy by the name of Dion and I will never work out." My words made her roll her eyes childishly. "And," I empathised, pointing an index finger at her warningly. "don't even try to create chances for us to be alone." I ended with a growl, making her pout wordlessly.

That should restrict her from doing silly things for us to be together. Heck, no way was I going to let Dion enter my life. For all I know, he might be a two-faced jerk. A popular jock and a psychotic rapist.

Men are jerks.

"But, just give him a try." She rebutted, seemingly trying even harder to convince me. "He might be the one to bring light into your life. You never know-" I held up a hand to stop her, making her shut her gap immediately.

"You know very well that I don't like to repeat my words." I pursed my lips into a thin line before I continued. "And, no means no. That is final." I snapped, my wolf rising to the surface - who was surprisingly not against my stand this time - before I stalked off without a word.

I was pissed off. And, so was my wolf.

xxxx
I bolted out of the classroom, trying hard to avoid Dion who shared the same classes as me for the next few weeks - something which happened out of the blue - perhaps because he was the son of the headmistress.

I knew perfectly well that one thing leads to another. If I don't avoid him, he would have a chance to speak to me and annoy me like my mate. I still don't understand why my wolf was against rejecting him. If not for her, I would have rejected him, not caring if it was harsh.

Sudden footsteps from behind pulled me back to reality. A scent of fresh mint wheezed past me, making my eyes roll in annoyance.

When guys like you, they would want to look suave in front of you. Well, this one - most probably Dion - seemed to have bad breath problem.

It was typical anyway.

But on the other hand, it sounds trouble. I quickened my footsteps not before a hand rested on my shoulder blade, halting my actions instantly. I glanced behind me to find Dion smiling at me awkwardly.

My eyes shifted to his hand resting on my shoulder blade before he retrieved his hand immediately. I turned to face him, giving him a raised eyebrow, uninterestingly.

"Do you need anything?" I murmured in boredom, glancing at my watch in impatience. I couldn't wait to get out of here. The tension here was getting increasingly awkward.

"Oh, I just want to get your phone number." He answered as if he had replied this sentence for like a millionth time, seemingly giving me the impression that he had gotten several other numbers before me.

So, I was just another play toy for a short period of time before he goes for another? That's why I said, men are jerks.

"What do you need it for? Last time I checked, we are not paired up for a project." I retorted in annoyance, my eyebrows creased in frustration.

Sensing that he was speechless, I gave up wasting my saliva on this guy and turned to leave, not before muttering a satisfying, "Time-waster."

I shoved past the doors to the parking lot, rounding the corner before finding a spot against the wall. Instinctively, my hands reached in my pockets for a cigarette. I lit the cigarette, locking it between my lips before I released the smoke.

I watched as puffs of smoke slowly faded into the surroundings, my fingers massaged my temples lightly as I mulled over the existing problems. First it was Nathaniel, then it was Lance. Now, a Dion has to get entangled into my life.

It had occurred to me several times whether I should leave this place for good. Though this place was a good distance away from my birth pack, from the psychotic 'step-dad', but problems kept rising to the surface.

If I ever leave, I would have to abandon my birth pack and turn into a lone wolf - in nicer terms. If I don't, I would always be wasting my cigarettes, mulling over such problems.

What should I do?

"Babe?" The familiar husky voice ringed in my ears, making my head snapped towards the direction of the voice. I frowned at the sight of him, looking away immediately.

I let the smoke be released for a few more times before the soles of my boots crushed it, leaving it at one side. I stood upright, shoving my hands into my pockets before walking past him.

To me, he was invisible.

His hand grasped onto my wrist, stopping me from leaving. I shifted my head to look at him, glaring at him in annoyance. "What do you want again?" I snapped at him, flicking away his hand. And again, the annoying wolf inside of me would whimper because of the lack of mate's touch.

What's wrong with not having mate's touch? I could totally survive without it.

"That's because you don't perfectly understand how the mate bond works." She snarled. I ignored her words, letting it slide before turning my attention back to the situation at hand.

His eyes wondered from my hand to my eyes, making me feel uneasy. What does he wants? "I am jealous." He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"What?" I blurted out, creasing my eyebrows in confusion. "I am jealous that Dion is trying to court you." He answered, clearing my doubts. So, he was jealous.

"So?" I replied, seemingly uninterested in this topic. I badly wanted to drop this subject and go for a spin in my baby to the small towns in the outskirts of the city.

His eyebrows furrowed deeply as his face turned from serious to concern. "What I am asking is for you to stay away from him." He answered, raising his voice a little louder like he was trying to get his words into my head. I crossed my arms over my chest as I shook my head in disbelief.

"Get it straight into your head, Nathaniel." I started, my face turning solemn. "I will stay away from him. And, that also means that I will stay away from you as well." I empathised, pointing an index finger at him.  

A/N _ Vote, Comment and Share!
Add this book to your library and reading list if you've enjoyed.

This book is updated once every week, so be sure to check back for updates ;)