"Hello daughter! What brings me the pleasure of your voice?" She sounded off and I slapped my palm to my face when I realized she was ticked. With everything going on, I had forgot to call her. I didn't have time for this!

  "Mom! I'm sorry for not calling, but I really need your help right now!" I paused waiting for her to drop the attitude. She sighed into the phone, almost like a child. I must have ruined it for her. Like I had forgot my lines and now she had to improv. Love ya bunches Mom, but get over it!

  "What's going on?" And just like that, my Mom was back to business.

  "I don't know how much time I have so here's the Cliff's Notes version. An alpha came by the other day, telling me that I was his mate. I told Michael, he stormed off after punching trees. Now the alpha is on his way here, and so is Michael!" You would think I would have better breath control as a wolf, but after explaining I gasped in a lungful of air.

  "Damn, I was afraid of this." She sighed. Crap, Mom, you would think she was done with the secrets staying secret after my attack! But no!

  "You can explain that statement later! I have two angry dudes, a strange dude, and two kids about to have a pow wow in my house!" I couldn't help but yell at her. I would apologize for it later.

  "Do you have anyone who could take the kids out of the situation?" She asked me coolly. Ouch. Would definitely have to apologize later. Priorities Victoria! "That's my advice for now. Those men will have it out one way or another, and you need to be there to protect Michael." I sighed again knowing she was right. Testosterone and pride wouldn't have it any other way. Eventually one, or both of the men, would make it physical. Brad? No, my old boss, wasn't too pleased with me since I quit on him. He wouldn't. I could probably get Jacob to go to his friend's house, but what about the baby?

  ~Jack is coming, he will take the kids somewhere else if you ask.~ Snow said. I was confused for a bit. 'Who?' I asked my wolf.

  ~Alyssa's playmate from earlier. We are the Luna. He would have to listen to us. You can trust him.~ Now, I remember. We were running out of time and options. I had to at least trust Snow, and have this Jack guy take the kids somewhere.

  "Victoria!" Flippin hell! I forgot my mom was still on the phone!

  "I might have someone! Love you!" I said before hanging up. Running into my house, I grabbed my wallet and pulled out all the cash I had. Then, I rushed upstairs to gather Alyssa's things into a larger diaper bag. I stopped then, to listen. I could hear Damon enter the yard with I'm guessing Jack, but no rumble of Michael's truck. So far so good.

  "Jacob, get your shoes on hurry! You're leaving!" I yelled out. Going into Jacob's room, I snatched Alyssa for a quick change. Jacob must have heard the no nonsense in my voice, cause not a peep or whine could be heard from him. Finished changing Alyssa, and Jacob freshly shoed, I rushed them downstairs and into the yard. I backed up in to the house to snatch my keys off the hook, then back out the door. Damon's smile when he saw me, fell when he noticed the sheer panic on my face.

  "What's wrong?" He demanded. I could see him looking around, scenting for anything off. I scoffed. What isn't going wrong? I made my way to Jack. He was indeed the man from the other day. Names, I am always a bit fuzzy on, but faces I remember. I gave him the diaper bag and Alyssa, shoving my keys and cash into his pocket. He blushed at that. Guess he wasn't expecting me to shove my hand in his pants without a hello first. Damon gave a growl at my actions, but at this point I could care less. My babies safety and psychological well being were at stake!

  "I need you to take the kids to that Chucky Cheese in the city. My car is around front. Jacob will help with the car seat. Whatever you do, keep them safe and do not bring them back till I call you." Realizing I didn't have his number, I shoved my phone in his other pocket. I could use the house phone to call my phone. Plus, he would have my keys if we all landed in jail, just in case he needed anything for the kids. I knew it wouldn't come to that, but you never know. Jack looked confused and a bit dazed. "Go!" I yelled, putting all of my strength in the command. He immediately grabbed Jacob with his free hand and cut through the house. He must have picked up on my urgency.

  "What's going on!" Damon barked at me. I could feel Snow submitting, so he must be pulling the big guns out. He looked at me with worry. I guess you could be thankful for one thing. I wasn't panting in lust looking at him right now.

  "I told Michael everything." I started to cry. I hated crying. "He got really mad and took off." He came to me as if to give a hug, but I backed away hugging myself. "He called and asked if you were coming over. When I said yes, he said he was on his way!" I tried to catch my breath and stop my tears. If Michael saw me crying right now, it would only exacerbate the entire mess.

  "Shit!" He cursed. He ran his hands through that gorgeous dark mane and looked at the sky, hell, maybe it was giving him the answers. He looked back down at me from his impressive height. "How pissed is he?" I let my annoyance at the stupid question out in a snort.

  "What do you think?" I gave him what he deserved. Stupid question, meet stupid answer, we know you will be perfect together. He winced and took off his leather jacket. I ignored the display of manly goodness. Brownie points for me. He handed it to me.

  "Put that up for me please? It's my favorite one." I took it dazed. WTF?! His mate's husband is on his way, probably with silver bullets, and he's worried about his jacket?! Grumbling at the stupidity of men and their attachment to their "things" I marched in the house. Where do I put it? I hung it in the hall closet, next to our heavier coats. Where else? I made my back out to Damon. I didn't want him to misunderstand the strength of Michael, but I had to warn Damon.

  "Michael is very, very, angry. He may not be talked down." I started. How to put this? "I'm not asking you to get your nuts handed to you, but whatever happens, just don't kill him. Or break him." I finished. I had to make sure Michael got up after all the macho crapfest was over. He nodded, quickly agreeing.

  "Don't worry. I won't hurt him too bad." He said. I really didn't like the look of fierce determination on his face. He looked damn near eager! Men! I was going to try to sooth the tensions, of course. If that doesn't work, I have a suitcase of first aid supplies. Our heads perked at the same time when we heard the sound of a vehicle. I prayed with everything in me, but as usual, they went unanswered. I knew the sound of that truck like I knew the sound of my babies voices. Ready or not, Michael was home.