CHAPTER 1

PROLOGUE

      I was about 9 years old when my parents and I went on a trip.It was mid-July and it was my birthday.

"Daddy,are we going to Disneyland?" I asked,bouncing on the back seat of our car.

"Ericka,did you remember to bring sunblock?"

"Yes mommy."Then my eyes lit up."Are we going to the beach?"

    My mommy smiled at me and patted my head."Get some sleep,dear.We're still a long way."

    I smiled and did as my mother told me,knowing full well that I'll be having the best birthday ever.Not.

****

"Ericka?Ericka,wake up."

"Daddy,is tha you?" I grumbled.

"Are we there already?"

Then I heard a chuckle."Oh,this ain't daddy,dear."

My eyes shot open and I saw a man wearing a mask looking down at me.

"W-where a-am I?" I looked around frantically and that's when I realized that I was in a basement-like room.The only furniture here was a table and 2 chairs.The other chair was the one I was tied to.

"W-who are you?Where's m-my m-mommy and daddy?MOMMY? DADDY?

"Shut up,you piece of shit!"He said hitting the side of my head.

He took out his phone and tapped a few buttons."Yo,Ramirez!Bring the motherfu*k**s in."Then he ended the call.A few minutes later,the door opened and a stout man walked in dragging with him 2 people with sacks over their heads.

"Mommy!Daddy!"But the masked man covered my mouth to refrain me from screaming.The stout man led them to the center of the room.

"Kneel,arseholes!"

My parents did as he said.

"Take the sacks off their motherfucking heads!"The masked man ordered still covering my mouth with his hand.

I on the other hand,was trying my best not to bawl out crying.That might earn me another hit in the head which,just so you know,hurts.A lot.

"Ericka!Oh my god,Ericka!"Mommy was crying but daddy was quietly glaring at the masked man.

"Let our daughter go!"He said with ice in his voice.Daddy really couldn't do anything since both their hands were tied up and the stout man was pointing a gun at them.

"And why would I?You got a pretty girl right here.Might as well keep her and raise her as my own."

I whimpered as he carressed my cheek.I couldn't shout lest he hits me again.

"What do you want,Robert?Tell us and we'll give it to you.J-just please.Don't hurt our daughter!"My mommy cried.

No.Don't cry,mommy.I mighy cry too.

"What I want?You know perfectly what I want,Hana.I want my life back.I want to take back what's been stolen from me!"

"You know that's not possible,

Robert." Daddy said in a quiet voice.

Wait.What are they saying!I-I don't understand.

Then suddenly,the sound of the police sirens could be heard.Robert looked at my parents,fury in his eyes.

"You called the police?!" "Robert,we had no other choice!"

"That's it!Ramirez,take them oit.Take them all out!"

"No!Robert,please.Let's just tal-"

But before Daddy could finish,blood erupted from his head.

"No!Danny!"

Ramirez fired another shot and Mommy slumped to the floor.I was crying now.What are they doing?Why are they killing my parents?

"Take care of the child."Robert let go of me and went out the room in a hurry.

Now it was just me and Ramirez.Ramirez smiled cockily and raised his gun at me.I closed my eyes and prepared myself for the worst.Well,so much for the best birthday ever.Mommy,Daddy,I'm coming home.I hope you prepared a room for me.But after a few minutes,there was still no gunshot.I opened my eyes and saw Ramirez being dragged away by 2 police officers.

"Little girl,are you okay?"Another policd officer came and untied me.I just nodded my head in response and headed out.That's when I saw a keychain on the floor with initials

R.K.  I picked it up and turned it over my hands.

This is his.I know it is.This is the masked man's keychain.And I will do everything,anything in my power to hunt him down and avenge my parents.

_~_~_~_~_~_~

Someone tapped my shoulder.

Girl:Ericka,wake up right now!Ms. Cunningham is going to get angry!

I woke up.I'm glad that it was just a dream...I'm wrong.It was the best nightmare I ever had.I sucked up the girl's notice.It was the last subject for today.Algebra...I think.And...the teacher is very strict.I was thankful that the girl behind me woke me up.Our teacher was looking for someone.She looked at me.I think she wants me to answer her question because no one would raise their hands up.I'm proud to say that I'm great in Math but I didn't listen to her because...I was asleep!I was going to stand up when...

Girl 2:The answer is Multiplication of Rational Expressions using the cancellation method.

A tall-enough girl answered.She have a long light brown hair that lengths up to her waist which is curly on the end only.I think her name is...DANICA JACOBSON.She was also the one who helped me when I came here.