Chapter 1

I woke up to someone grabbing my feet and yanking me out of bed, I let out a loud shriek as my body hit the floor with a loud thump. Groggily, I look up to my attacker and see Lee. "What the fuck Lee"
"Would you like to be late for school, because I could leave you here right now if you want," she said while pulling my blanket away.
I let out a loud groan and pushed myself off the floor. "I'll be downstairs, you have 15 minutes," she called, already halfway down.
I quickly sifted through my closet before picking a grey sweater with a black heart in the middle, black skinny jeans, and grey toms. I brush out my hair, throw on a white beanie, and quickly apply mascara. Lastly I grab my purse and sunglasses before rushing downstairs to meet Lee.
We both grab an apple and hop into her car. The drive to school went by quick with us blaring 5SOS through the radio and when we arrived, most people were still talking outside. As I got out of the car my eyes scanned the parking lot and landed on Chase Rocker, Mr. Popular and the bad boy of the school who also happened to be my new neighbor.
Lee was ecstatic about him being next door, but me? I wasn't too thrilled.
To put it nicely, I hated Chase. By the time I'm done zoning out, Lee and I are already across the parking lot at our lockers.
"Em?" I snap my head at the sound and look to Lee.
"Are you even listening to me?" she said looking irritated. "Sorry, zoned out again," I replied turning back to my locker.
"Well as I was saying, could I sleep over at yours tonight?" She said with a slight smirk planted on her face.
"I don't see why not," I replied with a shrug.
Out of the corner of my eye I see her fist pump the air saying a silent yes, I let out a small chuckle to myself as we walk to class.

*after school*

Lee and I were currently sitting on my bed as she rambled on and on about Chase. "So do you think he'll be in his room tonight?" She asked with a grin on her face.
"I would suppose so since it is his room." I said, rolling my eyes as I leaned against the headboard of my bed.
"What if he talks to us?" she asks for the hundredth time.
"I highly doubt he will," I tell her again. Every time it's the same question, the same answer, and the same outcome. So why does she bother to ask? Hope. She has way too much of it.
"Yeah I know but what if he does this time?" Yeah... Way too much hope.
"Then we shut the window and close the curtains" I tell her, bored of this conversation.
"Em you're so boring. That's what you said last time." "Because that's what I would do" "Well I would talk to him. He seems nice." I scoff at her. "Chase? Nice? Okay call me when you get back from wonderland." I say.
"I'm not kidding, maybe he is nice," she shot back, laying down on my bed.
"Okay, okay. If he's nice them I'm a party girl who drinks too much alcohol and does underground female fighting," I say, once again rolling my eyes at her. She's delusional. "Okay whatever. You can think that," she told me, finally dropping the subject. "Let's have some real fun." I said smirking as I put my iPhone on the dock and started blaring my playlist. Social casualty by 5sos came on and we jumped up and down, playing air guitar while screaming the lyrics. After the song was over I looked out my window to see Chase in his room laughing his ass off. I flipped him my middle finger and shut my blinds as American Idiot by Green Day came on.

That's pretty much how our night went, until 2:30am when my mom came into my room telling me to turn it down. For the rest of the night we just did random stuff. At one point we went out back to look at a bunny and I shoved her into my pool. Lee was pissed, but it was worth it. It was around 8:30-9am when Lee and I passed out on my bedroom floor while reading magazine articles.

The next day I woke up to my room illuminated with a bright light called the sun and Lee loudly walking into the wall. No matter how tired I was, I burst into laughter as Lee cussed at the wall and walked through the doorway to the bathroom. I sat up and looked at my phone. '2:30pm' Okay then. I stood up and stretched as I let out a yawn. Lee emerges from my bathroom, and her eyes almost pop out of her head as she focuses on my window. I turn around and am greeted with a very tall, and very shirtless teenager in his room. He looks up and smirks as he sees us looking. I quickly turn away as my cheeks turn hot. "Oh my god he looked at us!"
I roll my eyes at her and pull her out of my room and downstairs into the kitchen. "I'm gonna make eggs and bacon, want any?" I ask her, hoping she'll change the subject.
"Ya I'll take some."
I let out a sigh as she doesn't mention Chase. I quickly cook the food and set it down on a plate at the table.
"I can't believe he looked at us. He looked so hot, didn't he?" She asked with a mouth full of food.
"Chew your food you pig, and can we not talk about Chase for once?" I ask her, shoveling food into my mouth.
"I guess. So what do you want to do today?" She asked, looking around the house.
"Scary movies and food?" I reply. Her face breaks out into a smile as she eagerly nods.

After we finish our food I pick out every scary movie I own while Lee gathers the food. I decide we should watch Silence of the Lamb. Old, but good.

About half way through the movie, my phone rings, making Lee and I jump.
"Hello?" I answer.
"Hey sweetheart. Work called me in for a last minute trip. I'm going to be gone for a couple of days. Think you and Lee can handle being on your own?" my moms voice echoes through the phone.
"Ya we'll be fine. We've done this before" I assure her.
"Okay bye, love you."
"Love you too bye" I say hanging up.
"Business trip?" She asks, tilting her head towards me.
I smirk, "Yep".

After the movie was over, we headed up into my room and turned on the tv, plopping down onto my bed. Scrolling through the channels I let out a loud groan
"There is nothing good on". Lee sighs, looking towards my window.
"If only he would talk to us, we wouldn't be so bored,"
"I would be bored," I reminded her.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever, what do you want to do?"
"I don't know" I told her.
That's how we spent the rest of the night watching YouTube videos, Vines, and scrolling through Twitter.

A/N

Hey guys. oh my god!!! No way!!! I updated and started the story?!?! WOW that's a shocker. I know it's been forever, but it's summer.... And I've been lazy. Since school is starting in a few days though., I thought I'd start being more productive by writing. And I know this chapter probably sucks, but I wrote this at like 1am. They will get better. Also please ignore any mistakes, I'm really bad at re reading for mistakes so sorry.

Don't forget to comment and vote and I'll talk to you in the next update

~Maddie🙈