I heard the movie end. Harry just sat there. I had woken up but I pretended to still be asleep. Just to see what he'd do. 

He started rubbing circles into my back. Every once in a while he would alternate between that and taking pieces of my hair to twirl. Then, he rubbed my arms. He traced the outline of my face and went back to rubbing my back.

This boy needs to stop before I do something brash.

I felt him lift my body up. He sat me on his lap. He. Sat. Me. On. His. Lap. This is just working out well for me. Not.

My head fell to rest on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me again and sighed. "If you only knew Melrose..." My heart started beating. If I only knew what? 

I decided that I was going to be bold. Everything I ever did in my life always had a lot of thought put into it. But now? I don't need to think about what's best. Just do it.

I lifted my head up. I guess I startled him, because he jumped. We sat there for a minute. His eyes bore into mine. It was like he was reading me. I watched them drift down to my lips. He wanted to kiss me. Friends? We're friends? His grip tightened around me and scooted me closer.

He kissed me. I didn't even think he would. After the whole speech he gave me earlier. His hands cupped my face and he just kissed me. I didn't protest. In fact, I liked it. A lot.

He quickly got up making me plop down onto the bed. "I gotta go." Well, that was a quick exit. Did I really kiss that bad?

Harry POV

Oh my God.

...

Melrose POV

We finally arrived in Dublin. It took what seemed like a century and a day. I hadn't spoken to Harry since HE kissed me. Yeah, I wasn't about to let him or myself forget that HE was the one that kissed me. I didn't lean in or anything. Well, maybe I did lean in a little, but ...shut up.

It was showtime and I was just finishing up getting ready. I had on a beautiful lavender skater skirt with a floral bandeau top and a jean vest. I curled my waist length dark hair and put on a pair  of black trackies. I loved these shoes. My makeup was the norm. Never too much, but just enough.

I stepped off the bus to see the boys clustered over my the other bus. They hadn't gone back into the venue to get ready yet. It seemed like I was the only one who was. 

I heard Josh cat call at me. "Woah. Woah. Oww. Oww! Look at Melrose." He winked at me and I flicked him off. Me and Josh were buds. After all, I did have to sit through 24 hours of traffic with him. 

I walked over and Josh picked me up and twirled me around. "Hey! Don't let my skirt flare up!" I hit him and then smoothed my skirt out. "Honey buns, I'm sure nobody would mind." He winked at me and I laughed.

"Melrose and Josh. Sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Niall was walking back from the bus chanting. I turned to look at Harry who had walked off. His hands were shoved in his pocket and he never looked up, he just stared at the ground.

"Hey! I'd like to kiss Melrose!" Josh piped up and wrapped his arms around my waist. \

"Yeah you wish Joshy.." He frowned. He hated me calling him that name. That and Widdle Bear. 

We all walked into the venue together. We needed to get everyone ready. That means me and Lou had some work to so on styling hair. The boys were all seated waiting for their work to be done. 

"Josh, I'd like to kiss Melrose too!" Niall turned his head towards me and smiled. I was reading a magazine and at this point I rolled it up and smacked him with it.

"Me too!" Louis piped up. He smiled a wide smile. 

"You've got a girlfriend. And I'm your friend." I then rolled up the magazine and proceeded to smack him with it as well.

"What? Friends can't kiss other friends?! Friendly Kisses." The moment Louis said that, I saw Harrys' eyes shoot up at me. I wasn't looking directly at him, but I knew he was waiting for me to answer Louis. 

"No. Friends don't kiss friends." I plugged in a straightener and started working on Louis hair. This kids hair was so shiny. I wanted it. 

...

I felt a sharp sting on my butt. Someone just smacked me. In the butt. Who the...

"Wish me luck before I go on stage?" Josh winked at me and smiled.

"Good luck fucktard!" I gave him a sarcastic smile and two thumbs up. He laughed and grabbed my hands. "A real one!" He pouted and I gave in.

"Oh alright! Good luck!" I I kissed my hand and patted it on his cheek. He walked off to get set at the drums.

"You know you shouldn't let him touch you like that." As soon as he spoke I knew it was him. That honey voice. Smooth. 

"Who cares?"  I turned around and looked into his eyes. "Playful banter."

"I care." His eyes turned towards the ground he started fidgeting with his thumbs again.

"Why do you care?" I was getting annoyed. He was messing with me. One minute he says we're friends, then we kiss, and then he leaves the room and doesn't talk to me again. What is going on?

"..be..because we're friends and I don't want to see you being slagged on." He rushed his words out. It was almost like he wanted to say something else, but he had to say those words quickly before anything else came out.

"That's right. Friends. And friends appreciate other peoples friends." I walked off towards Lou. "Hey, I'm going to step outside. I haven't called my Dad at all yet."

It was chilly outside, but it felt good. The rush of cold air enveloping my almost angered body felt nice. I dialed my Dads' number. I knew it by heart. "Hey, Dad!"

I went on to talk to him about all the traffic and everything else. I left out the details about me and Harry because he would say I told you so or something like that. 

I missed my Dad. Maybe this tour wasn't for me. I sat down on a little chair  and just looked up at the stars. 

I think I'll just stay out here for the rest of the night.