Random Drabbles

"I think it would be best if we see other people." Bruce blurted out quickly. He hadn't meant to say it like that. He had planned on them having one more night together before he had to end this relationship. It was getting to dangerous. She was too important to him and it was distracting him from what needed to be done.

"What?" Y/N asked, completely stunned.

"This has been fun and all," Bruce said, every syllable piercing his heart. "but I don't think either of us are ready for a serious-"

"No. You listen to me. I don't know what you are afraid of, but I am not gonna let you through us away with lame excuses." Y/N said. She cupped his face in her hands and stared into his eyes. "If you really want this to be over, then, by all means, say that. But I have to think you love me just as much as I love you."

And with that, Bruce caved. It would be dangerous, letting her this close to him, but, God help him, he couldn't push her away.

---------------------------------------------------

Y/N groaned loudly as she kicked off her shoes before flopping face first onto her bed. Her day had been literal shit. It was not even that anything horribly dramatic or heinous had happened, just a bunch of small things had added up to an avalanche of negative energy that left her feeling drained and ready to quit.

"That was quite a noise you made there." A soft teasing voice said. She felt the bed dip as someone sat beside her.

"I've had quite a day." She said, her words muffled as she didn't even bother to lift her head.

Bruce nodded as he gently rubbed between her shoulder blades, trying to ease some of the tension there. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Y/N was silent for a moment as she considered his offer. Slowly, she shook her head. "I kind of just want you to hold me."

Bruce smiled as he laid down beside her and pulled her close, continuing to soothe her with gently caresses. She drifted off to sleep to the feeling of his hand tracing up and down her spine, her horrible day not completely forgotten, but less awful now that her lover was here to banish the bad feelings away.

-------------------------------------

Y/N huffed as she sat up in bed. The covers were all the way on Bruce's side. Again. It was like the man couldn't sleep unless he was swaddled in 80% of the covers.

Y/N carefully unwrapped part of the blanket burrito. She thought about pulling it back over to her side of the king sized bed, but instead opted for snuggling against Bruce.

Bruce smirked and pulled her closer to him. He loved winning blanket wars.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"He's dead because of you."

"There was nothing I could do." Bruce said in a tired voice. He sat heavily in the chair and rubbed his eyes.

"Nothing? There is nothing you could have done?" Y/N said in disbelief. "My son is dead and he's dead because of you."

"Y/N I said there was nothing I could do and I was telling you the truth." Bruce said stubbornly as he stared down his wife.

"Bullshit, you have a plan for everything and a back up plan for your backup plan." Y/N ground out as she glared back at him. "You let Jason die and I will never forgive you."

Bruce sighed as he watched her stalk out of the batcave. For the second time in his life, he had lost the two most important people to him.

------------------------------------------------------------

"You can't just stay up until 3 am watching Netflix."

"Well, I mean obviously I can." Y/N said as she put another piece of popcorn in her mouth. Bruce sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"You realize the message you are sending Tim, right? We are trying to get him to have a normal sleep schedule so what is he going to think when his mother is staying up all night binge watching Doctor Who?" Bruce gestured at the screen where the tenth Doctor grabbed his companion's hand and began to run away from danger.

"That normal bedtime rules don't apply on Fridays?" Y/N said, as if it should be obvious.

"It's Friday?" Bruce asked

"It was. Leave it to you to be so busy running a company and being Batman that you forget what day of the week it is." Y/N giggled as she turned off the TV.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It twas a cold, dark night filled with laughter coming form the batcave, but little did you know that this laughter was a happy one.

"Wait, so when Bruce was eighteen, he spilled red wine all over the director of the most important charity in town. While on live television?" Y/N giggled.

"Oh yes. Mrs. Rochester's white dress was pink for the rest of the night. He apologized profusely, but she refuses to speak to him to this day." Alfred said as he continued typing.

Y/N and the boys all laughed as Bruce sulked in the corner. "Oh, so Mister Suave and Handsome playboy used to be a real klutz." Y/N teased.

"Well, so are you." He grumbled.

"And just how am I a klutz?" Y/N asked.

"Well, you fell for me, didn't you" Bruce flirted.

The cave that had previously been filled with happy laughter echoed with groans as the boys became disgusted in the PDA between their parents.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"So, run it by me again. How did you get your hand stuck to the batmobile?"

"Well, I, um, was helping Damian with a school project and I had glue on my hand and then Dick asked a question so I came down here and leaned on the car and now I am stuck." Y/N said quietly.

"Mhm." Bruce hummed as he examined where his wife's hand was stuck to the car. "Well, I know how to get it off, but it may take a while."

"How long?" Y/N asked tiredly. She really didn't want to stand here all night.

"Well, for starters you are going to have to tell me you love me and that Batman is your favorite superhero." Bruce said with a mischievous smile.

"You are despicable."