There is no need to hide anything from him. It's not like I did something wrong.

"I went to Aiden's room to talk to him, and he was coming to mine then he took me to his room, and we talked. And I didn't realise when I fell asleep. So yeah that's what happen." I told him summing up all the events of last night.

"So, you slept in his room?" Jacob asked with a raise of his eyebrow.

"Yeah" I shrugged and took a seat beside him.

He just smiled in response and sighed. "Are we going for training today or not."

"I don't want to go today. I don't know why but I'm getting this weird bad vibe since evening. I'm also worried about Mom, Dad and Ashton. They never called me once since I left the home. I don't know how to talk to them." I let everything out in front of Jacob.

He hugged me sideways and I put my head on his shoulder. "Everything will be alright. Don't worry, and we will do something fun today. Once Aiden will comeback we will leave this kingdom." He said, rubbing my arms in assurance.

Suddenly, the entire room enveloped in the bright white light. I covered my eyes with the back of palm due to the sudden brightness. Slowly, I uncovered my face and squinting, I tried to look at the source of light.

"Where the heck is this coming from? This light has almost blinded me by its brightness." Jacob grumbled beside me, covering his eyes with his palm.

Instead of helping me, he was sitting with his both eyes closed and was complaining about it like a little child.

"Will you help me in finding the source of the light or not?" I asked him in frustration.

"No!" He shook his head. "It's your room. So, you go and find out. And do it before I get blind. I don't want to loss my eyes."

God! He and his drama.

Shaking my head, I rose from my seat and tried to find the source of light. It was coming from something on my bedside table.

My bedside table? What could it be on my .... oh..finally.

"Yay!" I jumped in joy as I realised from where the light was coming.

"Woah!" Jacob shrieked since he got scared by my sudden reaction and fell on the floor with a loud thud when he was trying to stand up since his eyes were still covered by his palm.

Serves him right for not helping me.

"Why are you shouting?" He asked me as he tried to stand up.

"Because, the light is coming from the mirror which mom had given me when I was leaving." I explained to him while lifting the mirror from my bedside table.

I put my palm on the mirror and the light dimmed. Now, I was able to look in the mirror without squinting my eyes. Mom face came in to my view as I touched the mirror with my palm. I sat down on the bed with mirror in my hand. Jacob also came and settled himself beside me.

"Mom!" I exclaimed with excitement. "How are you? And dad And Ashton? Are you all safe? I missed you all so much. Why didn't you try to contact me before? I was worried about you all. And where is Ashton and dad? I wanted to talk to them also and "

"Kiara, Kiara. "Mom interrupted me with a smile on her face. "Calm down. I'll answer all your questions. We all are fine here and safe. And we also missed you a lot. I didn't contact you before because I forgot to tell you that we can contact with each other only three times by using this mirror. So, I wanted to use it wisely. Dad and Ashton are also here with me." She said as she turned her mirror to show Ashton and Dad. They waved at me and I waved back.

"Now, tell me. How are you all? Did you learn all the fighting techniques? And tell us about Maprrier Kingdom. Where is Aiden and Jacob? Are you guys taking care of each other?"

A laugh escaped my mouth as Mom bombarded me with her series of her questions and Jacob also chuckled beside me which interrupted Mom's interrogation. She looked at me with a frown. "Why are you laughing? And who is in your room?"

I calmed down and turn my mirror to show Jacob. "Jacob is here with me, and I was laughing because you were telling me to calm down and You are doing the same thing which I was doing."

"Are you making fun of me?" She asked with narrowing her eyes slightly. "And Jacob was also laughing at me."

I knew that look. She was doing it to scare Jacob a bit and was going to tease him little. So, I gave my mirror to Jacob who was looking at it with wide eyes.

"Were you laughing at me?" She asked him, feigning anger and narrowing her eyes.

"I...I..was.. Kiara was... " He gulped nervously.

It was very hard for me control my laughter while seeing him stuttering in front of my Mom, so I laughed loudly wiping my tears and Mom also joined me in my laughter. Jacob narrowed his eyes towards me and I fake zipped my lip.

"I was just joking, Jacob. But your expression was priceless," Mom said, bringing Jacob's attention back to her. "And where is Aiden? Is he not there with you?"

We both became silent when Mom asked us about Aiden. I was contemplating whether it would be wise decision to tell her about what was happening inside this kingdom and where was Aiden. Before I could reply to her, Jacob beat me to it and responded to her question.

"He had already left to start his training, and we were also leaving when you called Kiara." He lied to Mom very smoothly without any hesitation, and I was stunned by his talent.

"Oh! Did I disturb your training session?" She asked us in small voice.

Before Jacob would feed more lie to Mom, I snatched the mirror from his hand. "No. You didn't."

"Okay. Ashton also want to talk to you." She said while giving the mirror to him.

"Ki!" Ashton exclaimed as soon as he took the mirror from Mom's hand. "How are you? Are they taking good care of you? If they aren't, I'll punch them when we meet again."

"I'm fine, and they are taking good care of me. Also, I've learned so many fighting technique that I can punch them myself." I said, smirking slightly at Jacob.

"Woah! You have become badass." He said proudly and I beamed at him.

Suddenly, I remember why Aiden was not with us and it's all because of that prophecy and psychic. I should ask Mom about my learning ability.

"Hey, Ashton.."

My conversation was interrupted by Dad's voice. "Ashton, we are needed in the meeting room right now."

"Sorry, ki. We can't talk to you more. It's important. We will contact you again on your eighteenth birthday. Take care of yourself. Bye"

I didn't even get the chance to reply to him as his face disappeared from the mirror and now I was looking at the reflection of a girl with teary eyes and sad face. Jacob hugged me sideways and rubbed my arms.

"Everything will be alright. I know what you were trying to ask him. You still have two chance to talk to them. We have to just wait for Aiden to come back, and then we will probably get all the answers." He said with a faraway look in his eyes as if he was thinking or wishing for something.

I was hoping that whatever he was telling me would become true and whatever bad vibe I was getting since evening was just because of my tiredness.

________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys,

I'm sorry for the late update. I was not well that's why I didn't update the new chapter. But now I'm fine and here's the new chapter. Hope you guys like it!

COMMENT to let me know your opinion about this chapter.

VOTE it, if you liked the chapter.

Also, SHARE it.

Have a good day/night 😀