‍ ‍ ‍"don't play stupid with me. you may be naive for a fledgling, but we've known each other for so many years that i could practically read your mind," he snapped angrily, his nostrils flared wide as he took in a deep breath. he let the air out loudly before continuing. "we experimented on you for a reason, quit with all the angel act. you're wicked, and i don't understand why you're being soft to rindou, you know full well that you can end him in a minute. i'll give you ten minutes, that's plenty of time for you to reconsider your decision and to decide whether you want to die a slow painful death or come back to us willingly."

‍ ‍ ‍"i will."

‍ ‍ ‍"rindou, i... i found the leader... he's heading towards your direction, don't let him get near to you! i can't believe my eyes, this can't be happening. you have to run away, it's him-" there was a loud thud, followed by another through the earpiece before a loud ringing filled their ears, and silence fell upon. kokonoi's line went dead, as well as theirs. a large frown etched amongst their faces, and then, the group began sprinting as fast as they could, pushing their bodies to move faster than they ever had before.

‍ ‍ ‍there was a strange smell that invaded rindou's nostrils, a burning smell. it grew stronger and stronger by the second, growing almost unbearable to his sensitive senses. he shook his head rapidly, clearing the scent, and continued running until he saw a bright light flashing somewhere in the distance. his instincts told him to turn tail and flee, but a part of him didn't want to listen to those instincts. the purple-haired won't leave this place without finding you, or else he'd be forced to kill everyone else. if it meant he could save you, then he wasn't going anywhere. he had to do everything in his power to keep you safe. so, in a flash, he darted toward the source of the strange burning smell. soon enough, he arrived at the place where he had first noticed the smoke rising from, and stood staring at the scene in shock. kakucho was the second one to arrive at the scene, followed by takeomi and ran. seems like they followed the burning smell too.

‍ ‍ ‍"the rooms are all empty, they must have evacuated. the flames are spreading really fast, we need to move quickly." the older purple-haired spoke, covering his nose due to the big smoke caused by the fire. rindou nodded, and the four walked inside the door that revealed a big basement. in the distance stood a massive, dark, looming figure. it was surrounded by a field of flames, giving it a menacing and eerie appearance. the figure turned its head up and looked directly at rindou with glowing eyes. he felt paralyzed, unable to speak or breathe properly. the figure started making its way slowly toward the group, the heat growing bigger and hotter by the second, and it was becoming harder to breathe. the smoke suddenly got thicker, and then there were noxious fumes filling the air. rindou coughed, his eyes watering as he covered his mouth and nose.

‍ ‍ ‍"r...rindou."

‍ ‍ ‍the figure spoke in a weak, shaky voice. it wasn't that long before the smoke cleared to reveal a woman- you. you were hunched over, coughing heavily as you clutched at your chest. there were blood stained the sides of your shorts, pooling onto the ground and dripping onto the hardwood, your clothes stuck tightly onto your body, revealing every inch of your body that was hidden under your thin pink shirt. your hair and clothes were soaked in your own blood, and you were bleeding badly from numerous wounds along your torso, arms and legs. the sight sent chills down rindou's spine, his heart pounding in his chest. he tried to walk over to you, but the weight on his shoulders prevented him from doing so. you gave another cough, spitting up blood onto the ground as you slowly walked towards his figure before falling backwards. it was then you finally noticed rindou and the rest standing in front of you, and then another violent bout of coughing took hold of you. tears poured down your cheeks from your eyes as you struggled to breathe, and yet, the only thing you could manage to say was rindou's name, softly. the pain in your ribs became unbearable. the smoke was still thick in the room and the temperature had now grown dangerously low, as if something was trying to burn down the whole building from within.