ch. 1- wake up (just the beginning)

"Children, wake up
Hold your mistake up
Before they turn the summer into dust"

      I watch myself standing in the middle of a dark, cold room with my tiny fingers wrapped around my dad's pinky. We watch as the doctor rubs this mysterious stick onto my mom's belly while a black and white moving image appears on the monitor beside the hospital bed.
     "Look, it's your sister. Up there." I watch as my dad whispers loudly into my ear. I look up at the monitor again. These things meant nothing to me then. 
     I see myself looking up at my dad as the grainy room goes dark and dissapears into the void of memories.
     It's interesting how in some memories you watch yourself, instead of being the one watching others. It almost makes you question if it was actually a dream, if not a memory.
     This is my eariest memory as a child. I don't know how i remember it, as i was very young, only almost two years old. But what i didn't know then, was that this was just the beginning of a multitude of memories, stories, just waiting to happen with time. To my mom, my timeline may have started the day she gave birth to me. Or to my grandma, it may have started when she came to visit a week after my birth. But for me, this is the day my timeline of memories began.