Chapter 4: Are You Ok?

Lou's POV:

Hazel... We haven't spoken in so long. I understand why, but the past still bothers me. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you like I did. But I'm sure you've moved on. You haven't mentioned it since. Xander really isn't the same here without you. He just mopes around. Emma even noticed and she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. This is everything I wish I could tell you, but here I am just internally monologuing. I really hope you respond to my text... I need to know if there's anything I can do. Please. I know we aren't close but I need to know if you're ok. Are you ok?

Hazel's POV:

Lou: Hazel. It's been a long time since we've talked. It's ok if you don't like me, but you really concerned all of us. We're all wondering and worrying. I'm worrying... I just need to know if you're ok... I need to know that you aren't in danger or hurt or in need of help. Because you might not consider me a friend, but I consider you one. And I could never do that to a friend. I hope you see this.

Lou... Why now? Why now when everything is going great? Why do you need to text me? Why do I need to hold onto something I want to forget. I have a new life. I'm not who you knew before. I'm Hazel Swearengen 2.0. And I intend to keep it that way. I found out that I have a passion for theater and books. I'm working on being scouted at the singing restaurant I work at. Some day soon I'll be in my first show. And that's all I'm dreaming about. I might as well tell you about everything. But not like this. I decide to text her back.

Me: Lou I don't want to talk about my new life. If you really want to know, follow me on Instagram. My username is StarfishSwearengen. But other than that I'd prefer not to go back to something I intentionally left. Goodbye.

And that was that. I finally closed the last door on the Hazel I hated. Maybe someday things will work out with them, but for now I don't want to see them.

StarfishSwearengen

StarfishSwearengen: Happy 19th Birthday to me!!Devin011: ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Devin011: ❤️❤️❤️❤️