Chapter 2: Why Did You Do It?

Emma's POV:

I woke up and got ready earlier than the others in my cabin to be nice and give them enough time to get ready too. It was a pretty normal start to the day until there was banging on the door. Lou, Zuri, and Tiffany had screamed and jumped awake. Lou answered the door, still sleepy "We don't want any, thanks." She says going to close the door. The weasels had invaded our cabin, but their leader was nowhere in sight. Tiffany screamed "WEASEL INVASION OF THE WOODCHUCK CABIN EVERYONE PANIC!!!!" Lou calmed Tiffany down, while I came out of the bathroom to ask the weasels what was wrong. "Guys, why aren't you with Hazel?" I ask. One of the weasels spoke up. "She isn't there. We don't know where she is. All of her stuff was gone when we woke up." I was confused. I put on my shoes and walked over to weasel cabin with them only to see a note taped on the door. I looked at it and read it out loud.
"Dear whoever finds this,
If you are a camper, give this to a CIT or a counselor. As you have probably NOT noticed, I'm not anywhere to be found. Camp Kikiwaka is and always will be my home. I grew up here, fell in love here, and even worked here. But I'm not here anymore. I've packed my things and left. No one liked me here anyway, not even the people I considered my friends. I had to leave, it was important. I just want to say to anyone reading this, if I was ever mean to you at some point, I'm sorry. It's the only way I know how to talk to people. Anyway, I know you won't miss me and Emma has been promoted to Weasel cabin counselor. Good look. Tell Gladys I quit. Tell her to send me my last paycheck. Goodbye Camp Kikiwaka.
- Hazel Swearengen."
I look back at everyone who had all formed a group behind me. Lou almost looked...sad. Xander definitely looked sad. Everyone else was thrilled though. Why did you do it Hazel? Why did you leave? Also I CAN'T BE WEASEL CABIN COUNSELOR I'LL LITERALLY DIE!!!!!

Xander's POV:

What was going on? Hazel left camp? Is that  the reason for her talk last night? I feel awful... She was weird and creepy but she was also a human being. And we all treated her poorly. Lou and I were thinking the same thing as she looked at me. What now? Hazel was gone, meaning all of Weasel cabin was without a counselor, and there was no way Emma could handle them. There really wasn't anything we could do, unless Gladys is their temporary counselor or found a new one quick. But I don't understand why she left. She was only partially demoted and even she wouldn't have gotten too upset about that. Why did you do it Hazel? What was the point? Why?