Part 5

☙  

"Mother is looking for you again... and she does not sound happy... again."

"Well, what for? The fashion show was a success! New Orleans has the most tourists the country has ever seen and do you know how much money our economy has earned?"

"It's the media, Elijah! Have you not read what the buzzing has been about? You are on every headline, along with Ms. Marshall and mother is not happy about that."

"Which part? Me or Ms. Marshall?"

"The both of you together."

"Wouldn't we make a great couple?"

"I suppose."

"What do you mean you 'suppose'? You're the one who snuck into her chambers last night, are you not?"

"Yes, I suppose I am."

"Now thanks to you, my dear little sister, I want to have her hand in marriage."

"Usually it is they who fall for you in which she literally did, but figuratively it is you who has, how ironic!"

"Bekah find our mother and tell her to meet me in the ballroom, we have a lot of things to discuss."

With that the prince walked swiftly towards the end of the long hallway but heard his sister shout, "did I forget to mention you barely know her?"

He then turns around to shout back, "if you believe it's love at first sight, you fight for it."

  ☙