Chapter 7

Across the palace, Scarlet got a ding from her portscreen. She read it and smiled. Not long after that, the movie ended. Winter and Cress were in tears and Iko was pretending to cry. Scarlet glanced at Cinder, who shook her head, bored. Scarlet then sent Wolf's message to Cinder, who smiled and nodded.

"Soooooo, Cress. How's life on the Rampion been?" asked Cinder.

"Normal as always. You know what it's like."

"I don't think she meant with the ship." said Winter, who even though wasn't in on the surprise had been suspecting it the moment Thorne and Cress had arrived.

"No no. She meant with the other kind of ship. As in my OTP." said Iko, who received confused stares from the others.

"OTP? One true pairing...? Ugh, you guys are no fun."

"Oh, you mean Thorne. Well, it's just as nice as it's always been. There hasn't been much of a change since the revolution, except for the fact he's been acting awfully funny lately."

"Really? How so?" asked Scarlet.

"I don't know," answered Cress. "He's just been really distracted. I'll catch him staring into nowhere, and if I ask him if he's ok, he startles and says he's fine."

"Hmm. That's weird." hummed Winter.

"Sometimes I think he's... mad at me. Or maybe doesn't like me anymore. Or didn't even like me in the first place, and just pities me!" she said, suddenly bawling her eyes out.

Everyone immediately went to comfort her, telling her that wasn't the case, but nothing they said could convince her. Something wasn't right. She was sensitive, but not normally THIS sensitive. Cinder pulled her into a hug, while doing a quick scan through her retina display. Her eyes widened, then she asked Cress if she happened to be craving anything. Cress sniffed and whispered "Ice cream". Cinder sent a comm for service to bring in some ice cream, and moments later everyone except for Iko was indulging themself. Iko was keeping herself busy by asking Cress, who had stopped crying, questions she got from her YouDoYou magazine. They were all about the person and how they'd like to be proposed to.

"Apparently, if you were a breakfast food, you'd be a waffle with syrup." said Iko, making up the answer so Cress wouldn't know how Thorne would propose. Then, she took a shot of the picture and sent it to Thorne.