"Hey Car, how are your kids?" Charlotte chirped as we paused outside the door.

"Good, Amanda winded up getting the scholarship to UTSA," Carter grinned, pride clear in his voice.

"That's great, tell her I said congrats," Charlotte waved goodbye.

"Have a goodnight you two."

"You as well Carter," I said as a black Roll idled on the side walk. A slightly short man slid out of the driver's seat and jogged around the car to open the door.

"Mr. Hyland, ma'am," the driver greeted us with a polite decline on his head.

"Hi," Charlotte smiled before sliding in and I followed, my eyes trained on her ass when she bent over slightly.

"How are you this evening Ms. Montgomery?" I asked softly, kissing her neck when we got settled in.

"Delightful Mr. Hyland," shu hummed, starring at me dreamily.

Then her phone started to ring.

The noise made us both jump and Charlotte opened her clutch to pull it out and shot me a panicked look in her eyes when she read the caller ID.

"Hey mom," she answered hesitantly, her eyes still trained on mine as I sat there feeling like I just got caught with my hand in the cookie jar. "Um, I'm going out to dinner with, uh, Jason cause he wanted to like hang out and stuff since the only time we are like around each other is at work."

I bit my lip to keep from laughing. I forgot Charlotte turned into a valley girl when she was nervous and lying. We agreed a while to go to keep from lying to her parents too much and imply that we were just friends whenever we are around each other.

"We were working in Chicago Mom, we only had a little time to spare for sightseeing." She paused and frowned. "If you wanted to talk to him why did you call me..? Fine." She pulled the phone away from her ear and handed it to me. "She wants to talk to you."

"Hey Natalie," I greeted her pleasantly.

"Hey Jay, how's my hotheaded daughter doing?" She drawled, the sound of water in the background.

I chuckled, "she's doing good, she might be the best assistant I've had so far."

"That's good, and how are you?" she asked too innocently.

I rolled my eyes, discreet she was not. "Did you run into Rebecca again?"

"Sadly, every time I see her she's wrapped up in a new man. You should've investigated on her before she took all that money, I wouldn't be surprised if she cheated on you, no offense Jay."

"I know, but I just wanted to move on," I sighed.

"And how's that working for you? When was the last you been on a date?"

Two weeks ago, with your daughter.

Natalie took my silence as my answer.

"Exactly. You should come down to Miami for Thanksgiving with Lot, I have a friend who would be perfect for you."

I rolled my eyes, Natalie and her damn matchmaking obsession.

"Rain check?" I placated her.

"That's fine, I'll just tell Charlotte her Jason doesn't want to spend the holiday with her-"

"Fine," I growled, "I'll go."

"Perfect, see you in three months."

I handed Charlotte her phone back with an annoyed look and she giggled.