Stockholm Syndrome

Start from the beginning

Josh blinked, not knowing what to say. The guy looked familiar. Extremely familiar. Josh opened his mouth, about to say something when the mystery man scurried out of the room, the door banging shut behind him. Josh's stomach filled with dread when he heard the door lock.

He attempted to rattle the handcuffs again but stopped when they rubbed against his wrist. A pained sob escaped his lips as he just sat there, helpless.

Suddenly the door opened and Josh's hopes lifted. However, they were shot down when he saw someone different enter the room. He was a lot older than the same guy as before and he had a terrifyingly stern look on his face. Josh tried to scoot backwards but was already against the wall.

The man approached him and bent down so he was eye level with Josh. "You're going to learn real quick not to get on my bad side," he spoke. "Stop fucking rattling the handcuffs or I'll cut your hands off."

Josh instantly stopped.

The man gave a wicked smile. "Good boy. You're smart. You're already learning the ropes."

Josh just gulped and watched with wide eyes as the man stood back up and walked closer to the bed, sliding the tray of food towards him. "I can't..." Josh said, shaking violently out of fear that the handcuffs kept rattling anyway. He had never been this terrified in his life and under different circumstances he would have fought for his freedom. Except he didn't know what this guy was capable of.

The man seemed to realize what he meant and he nodded. "Do you want me to feed you?" He asked, his voice softer than before.

Josh already thought he was going to throw up and eating something wouldn't help but he saw how thin that other kid was and didn't know when he would be offered food again. He nodded slowly and the man had a predatory smirk on his face. He grabbed one of the crackers and bent back down in front of Josh. "Open up for daddy."

Josh hesitantly opened his mouth. He was going to comply for survival. He wouldn't try anything until he knew he was safe. Well, safe enough for someone who had just gotten kidnapped. He ignored the way his stomach twisted at the man calling himself 'daddy' and took a small bite of the saltine cracker in front of him. "What's your name?" He asked as Josh chewed weakly, his gag reflex threatening to react to the unavoidable smell in the room.

"J-Josh," he stuttered once he had forced himself to swallow.

"You stuttered. Are you scared, Josh?" He questioned as he helped Josh take a drink of water.

Josh nodded, gulping down the liquid. The man took the glass away as Josh's tongue was silently begging for more. "Don't be scared," he stood up. "Daddy's gonna take good care of you," he pressed a kiss to Josh's forehead and began walking back towards the door. However, he stopped as he hand touched the handle. He turned back around. "Call me anything other than Daddy and it won't be good for you. That's a promise."

And with that, he left.

That's when Josh went into full panic mode. His breath hitched as tears collected in his eyes. He couldn't wipe them away so he blinked a few times until they fell and he looked at his cuffed hands. His wrists were definitely pink. He tried to wiggle out without making anymore noise but it only irritated the skin more.

That only increased the severity of his panic attack his breathing became ragged. Tears spilled down his cheeks and he let a sob escape his lips. Nothing that ever mattered before mattered anymore.