Chapter 8: The Last Good-bye-

It has been a month since Yū returned home.

Hikaru continued to remain with Koremitsu, leisurely dousing the latter with floral language.

For example, 'In the pure white color of Winter, the passionate red decorates it after all', or 'the sight of the Camellia fluttering really is riveting', 'do you know the 10 graces of the Camellia', 'the red color of the Nandina is wondering, but the bell-like red fruits hanging on the fiery, thick branches really make this a hard decision for me', 'The Winterberry is as adorable as a girl's little lips, and I really cannot help but kiss it'...

Is this guy intending to haunt me for the rest of my life Koremitsu began to worry.

Due to that, he never did kiss Honoka ever since that moment at the riverbank.

They were officially dating, but there was no way they could become passionate lovers so suddenly.

However, whenever they were headed home together after school, or alone in the Japanese Dance clubroom, or out together during the holidays, or whenever they were to bid farewell, Honoka would shyly lift her head at Koremitsu, fidgeting, looking as though she had something to say. This would be the moment when Koremitsu would be worried about Hikaru, and play dumb, averting the topic by saying 'Ahh, I'm hungry'. 'I just saw a fly. There're flies in winter?'.

Koremitsu knew that Honoka was frustrated because of his attitude, and in some sense, he too was feeling angsty.

Also, there has been lots of 'such an atmosphere' brewing recently, and this further tormented Koremitsu to no end.

(Speaking of which, did that Shikibu became so sexy looking out of a sudden...she would hold my hand when we're going home together, blushing hard. She'll peek at me from time to time when we're in class, and that's making me tense. The way she puffs her cheeks and look up at me causes my heart and head to heat up. Back then, I just wondered whether she wants to use the toilet whenever she was blushing and fidgeting. Now I'm having trouble holding it in.)

Once he realized his feelings for Honoka and began dating her, Koremitsu found that those legs were long and pretty, her light brown hair silky, and nice to touch, her lips looking tender and glossy, and he was getting jumpy.

He had the feeling that they could take a further step.

I might as well ignore Hikaru.

No, I don't have any interest in exhibitionist play.

And with Hikaru being his brake, Koremitsu was able to hold in his feelings for Honoka. Without Hikaru around, he had the feeling that it would not be just a little development, and that would be a problem too—

He was seated on the tatami with his legs folded, looking glum. Hikaru floated to Koremitsu's side asking with a dazzling face,

"This is the first time that I am spending Christmas with a friend. Do you celebrate it every year with your family, Koremitsu?"

"We're Buddhists, so we don't really celebrate Christmas."

"Eh, that is a rarity. But what about this year? We do need to get Shiiko a Santa Claus."

"Uu...I guess."

It would be too cruel to tell the 4th grader Shioriko we won't have Santa visiting us'. Surely his grandpa, who dotes on Shioriko so much, would be willing to cosplay as Santa for her sake.

"Got to make this Christmas a pleasant one though. The living room has to be decorated. Ah, you have to prepare the Christmas Tree too. Order a cake, and get Miss Koharu to bake a stuffed turkey. And get a Christmas ring on the corridor too."