Recognition

Dear Readers, If your enjoying the story so far please let me know :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colonel Ichinose sat in the his office,his old record player filling the air with a mellow jazz melody. Soothing the once stressed man, who had taken it upon himself to enjoy the breif serenity his office gave him. It was only here that Guren felt clarity,the one place where his mind was safe. Safe from the very demons that Guren himself had forced into creation. And yet even so,even her influence seemed to be blocked. No matter the fact that the Cursed Gear which held the soul of his departed lover sat upon Guren's waist. Always silent when the handsome man would enter his sanctuary,he never really understood why. But knowing he was truly free from her was enough for the stubborn Guren to crack a smile.

It seemed to be a lifetime ago that Guren could recall the last time he smiled. He was a very outspoken person and even so Guren had secrets. Things he would never allow anyone to know about him. His weakness. That brief moment when Colonel Guren no longered existed. All that remained was a boy, broken hearted by fate he had chosen. And now continued to live through literal hell, all the while struggling with the very darkness within him. And that Cursed Gear of his.

One he struggled on a daily with the blade, his own soul being tormented by the darkness. Bidding Guren to fall. Fall where she was. Where she forever lay waiting. Beckoning Guren to join her, to embrace a nature Guren forced himself to swallow. Never wanting to fall to the depths which he had seen many. Outside those hollow walls of his office. In the real world. That battle would ensue, breaking Guren bit by bit as the years went on. Truthfully Guren could feel his own demon raging seeking to be released as the others had. But Guren would not allow it. He would live, and fight for the future. His comrades. His new family. One that continued to grow each and everyday.

And today was no different, as Colonel Guren spotted a file on his computer. Which had stated that a new Second Lieutenant Ueno would be joining him on his missions here in Shinjuku. The name Ueno seeming somewhat familiar. Tracing the last name through the Imperial Demon Army database. Guren struck gold. Now able to see that the Ueno family name was of one of the highest Calibur in the Imperial Demon Army.

For two of the Ueno children were currently on active duty. One, Kagami Ueno. Who served under Colonel Hiragi. A name which spilled with untrustworthy towards Guren that made his head spin. It appeared that Kagami himself had a solid military record. And yet has never joined the Demon Moon Company. Something Guren has sure that his superior had purposely avoided. Yet as Guren read on and moved to the youngest of the siblings Riye Ueno. He discovered the woman was just as motivated as her brother. A solid record with no blemishes. Except one note. Which claimed Riye had attempted to transfer to the Demon Moon Company. But had been rejected 4 years ago.

Scratching his head Guren closed his laptop, before plopping his feet down on his desk. Allowing the soothing jazz to soak into his very mind. The soft bellow of a saxophone causing Guren to sigh in relaxation. Once again to realization that here, he was untouchable by anyone. Even tbe higher ups wouldn't dare harm him on tbe premises. Guren knew this. And yet he couldn't shake the fact that this new Second Liuetenant most likely was sent by those Higher ups to watch him. But Guren was not afraid, he would see just where this woman's loyalties lay.

While outside a soft knock could be heard, breaking Colonel Guren from his brief moment of peace. "State your name and business." Guren boomed, not particually liking the fact that his "me time" was interrupted. Probably by some squirt no doubt trying to pick a fight. "I have no time or patience for you Hyakuya-" Guren began his tone filled with annoyance as the voice was female. Throwing the man off guard as the woman spoke. Her voice swelling with pride and something else. Something that Guren himself had felt yesterday all of a sudden.

He felt butterflies in his stomach, which greatly confused Guren. To such a state that he had canceled his class early with Shinoa and her unit. Not able to concentrate on anything else but that feeling. A magnetic force which continued to tug on Guren this very moment. It was gentle,comforting, maybe even abit nervous but Guren could sense it. These overwhelming emotions which threatened to swallow Guren whole, and yet that storm was almost kept at bay. By the woman's sudden arrival. "Second Lieutenant Riye Ueno,sir. I've come to meet my Superior officer sir." Immediately Guren rose to his feet, knocking over some knick knacks on his desk causing him to erupt in a string of curses.

Smoothing out his uniform, Guren stood tall infront of his desk. Bidding the newcomer to enter who mindfully apologized for the intrusion before entering to jazz filled room. The room was fairly dim lit setting the other world lost to humankind for far too long. A feeling of utter peace that Riye had yet to feel for sometime herself. Quietly she closed the doorbehind her. Riye's short yet unruly ashen locks hiding her brilliant turquoise orbs from view momentarily. Before the young woman turned her gaze to the tall man who stood before her.

A certain confidence oozing off the man in waves. Wearing the classic Moon Demon Company male attire,the man seemed to be perfectly sculpted. His handsome face chiseled by the God's themselves. So much that Riye struggled to meet the man's burning lavander orbs. Ones filled with power,and the will to survive in this chaotic world they lived in. The man smoothed back his medium length raven locks momentarily,allowing his locks to drape his face as usual. Riye cleared her throat, before straigtening her posture, her right hand near her for head in a respectful salute to the Colonel.

"Its an honor to meet you again,Colonel Guren." Riye greeted with a smile filled with utter happiness to Guren. One that threatened to blind him where he stood. Such warmth, one that had been absent from Guren for oh so long. As for a brief moment...Guren felt the sun on his skin once again. For unknowingly and unintentionally for that moment Riye, was his sun. Swallowing a lump in his throat Guren answered the woman before him. For even in the trademark military attire, Riye's curvaceous body could be seen. As a hint of pink formed on the Colonel's face. "Again? I'm afraid weve never met Liuentant. Though its a shame." Guren commented with a grin his words causing Riye to babble nervously.

"W-Well it was a long time ago. I cant blame you not remembering a newbie like me." Riye replied with a goofy smile, her hand ruffling her ashen locks slightly. Her happiness becoming infectious as Guren found himself smiling. "I'd think I would remember someone like you." "Like me?" Riye probbed with a playful grin as Guren covered his mouth. Afraid his blush would seem far to evident. "Y-Yeah y'know." Guren mumbled as Riye erupted into a fit of laughter. So much infact that she began coughing at the fact she could see Guren blushing.

Not only that, but she felt it. The sense of peace being around him gave her. The fact she was able to joke with him on the spot. It was no coincidence. That magnetic tug became ever stronger as Riye recovered from her laughter. Flashing Guren a quick smile before leaving the room. But not before calling out "See you in class tomorrow Colonel." Taking her leave as Guren leaned back against his desk, unable to hide to almost giddy smile on his face.

Just who was Riye? And why did she make him feel so normal? As if titles did not matter in their world. When she was there the world went silent. And it was only the two of them. Now more than ever Guren wanted to know who exactly was Riye Ueno.