Prologue

Cyrus's POV

Highschool. From what Tj told me, it's the worst place to be. Classes are longer, there are way more kids, and everyone watches what you do 24/7. Not only that but everything gets way harder in high school.

I dreaded finally leaving middle school and moving up to high school. The first day was tomorrow and to say I wasn't ready was an understatement.

"Cyrus calm down it won't be that bad," Andi said, crossing her arms.

Buffy nodded and gave me a concerned look. "You'll be fine Cyrus, we survived this long," She said with a smirk.

I sighed and sat down next to them. "Tj said the kids there are ruthless. What if they pick on me because I'm different," I said worriedly.

Buffy and Andi shared a look before turning back to me. Buffy got up and moved over next to me so that I sat in between her and Andi. "Oh no, please don't do what I think you're about to do," I pleaded, but it was useless.

"Friend Sandwich!" They both said and that same time and proceeded to sandwich me in between them. It felt nice to have them here and I found myself hugging them back.

"You'll be fine Cyrus. If anyone has a problem with you, they'll have to deal with us," Andi said. Buffy agreed and we all laughed.

"Thanks, guys, I'm glad I have great friends like you," I told them.

"I'm in the mood for some baby taters, shall we go to The Spoon?" Buffy said with an accent, standing from the bed.

I rolled my eyes but stood up. "We shall. Let us be off," I exclaimed with the same fake accent. We headed downstairs and out of the house. Baby taters were heaven on earth and I couldn't wait to get some.
-------------------------------------------------------------

We opened the door and were met with the familiar jingle of the doorbell.

We took a seat in an empty booth and waited for one of the servers. "So what are you guys planning to do when we go to high-schools?" Buffy asked.

"Well, I've always wanted to join a club. Maybe they'll have some kind of art club," Andi shrugged as she looked down at her menu, pretending like she didn't know what she wanted.

"Well I was kind of thinking about joining the drama club," I said, exciting both of them.

"Cyrus that'd be super cool. You've always been a drama geek," Buffy said, making Andi laugh.

I felt my cheeks heat up a bit but she was right. I've always wanted to be a director and drama club would be a start in that direction.

"What are laughing about?" Unheard a familiar voice ask.

Andi's face lit up as she shot hugged our waitress. "Kenadee I missed you! How was Florida?" She asked sitting back down.

Kenadee moved a strand of her light pink hair behind her ear and smiled. "Well, it was great. We went to Disney World, took lots of pictures, had a blast at the beach, and had a lot of food fights. My dads kind of got mad at my brother and I for the food fights but they joined in," She smiled at the memory.

"Wow, that sounds fun. All I did was sit inside everyday eating food," I said with a pout.

"What about all those jogs you and Tj went on? You can kind of see the progress," Buffy smirked at me.

I gave her a glare and she just laughed. "So I'm guessing you guys want the usual?" Kenadee asked.

We all nodded and she scribbled on her notepad. With a kiss to Andi's cheek, she left and went into the kitchen.

The doorbell jingled again and our attention turned to the handsome prick himself. Buffy and Andi glared at him as he looked over us. He sent me a smile that made me shiver.

Reed seemed so calm and it was weird. You'd think to have someone rat you out would make someone angry, but he just walked over to another table without another look at us.

"I wonder what that was about," Andi said as Buffy gave me a questioning look.

I thought about the smile he gave me as it replayed over and over again in my head. It seemed genuine and also...mischievous? I snapped out of my daydream when a basket of baby taters was placed in front of me.

I looked down at the beautiful taters before grabbing one and popping it into my mouth. I let out a sigh of relief and closed my eyes as I ate it. I opened them and saw Buffy, Andi, and Kenadee looking at me strangely.

"What? I love baby taters," I said, taking another one. They shook their heads and began eating them too.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I walked to Buffy's house with her because she said if she had to spend one more evening listening to Tj yell about the game he was playing she would actually kill him.

I walked upstairs and into his room to see him on his bed, throwing a basketball up into the air and catching it.

"This is the most bored I've ever seen you," I chuckled as he looks at me, dropping the basketball on his face.
I held in a laugh as he groaned in pain.

"It's not funny you adorable jerk," He said.

I laughed at him as I walked over to his bed. I remember when he first moved in with Buffy, we had to sit here for hours moving furniture and putting new furniture together.

Flashback

"Are you sure it doesn't go that way?" Tj asked, looking at the oversized instruction guide.

I sighed annoyed as I looked at the poorly put together dresser. "I don't know Tj. Maybe we should ask Buffy's mom," I said.

He shook his head. "Nuh-uh, I told her and Buffy that we could do this and we're going to do this little muffin," He said with a triumphant look.

I groaned. "Can we please just have a snack break or something?" I whined.

He rose an eyebrow and smirked. "I think I've got a pretty good snack right next to me," He said.

My face heated up as I threw a different instruction guide at him, making him laugh.

"What are you thinking about?" Tj's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I smiled at him before saying, "you."

He laughed and shoved my shoulder. "You're such a dork muffin," He said while laughing.

I laughed with him and my face fell. "Tj do you think people will like me at Shadyside High?" I asked him.

He looked at me sadly and sighed. "Cyrus you shouldn't care what people think about you. If they don't like you then that's on them. They're missing out on an amazing, creative person," He said, running a hand through my hair.

My heart warmed as I smiled at him. He smiled back and we found ourselves snuggles together watching reruns of Legend Of Korra. Tj never really understood this show but I got him into it.

I knew that with him and my friends with me, I could get through anything highschool wants to throw at me.

Sooo that's the chapter. I hope you guys enjoy because there's a lot that's gonna happen. It's gonna be a whole roller coaster. I missed writing Unlikely so badly and I'm so happy to be writing this sequel. The next chapter will be up tomorrow but until then, byeee

~Ash