“You can’t ignore me now, baby.” She added as she seductively squeezed his bicep. He shoved her hand away from his arm and walked towards his office chair.

“Why are you doing this, Iza?” He asked her and gave her a wary look. Iza laughed lightly and shook her head.

“I will not easily give up, Gerald. I want an affair with you and I’ll work my butt off to have it. I’ll make a way, Gerald. I will.” She confidently told him as she sexily strode towards her office.

“Laters, Baby.” She told him and entered her office.

“Damn, Iza! What has gotten into you and you’re doing this?” He angrily whispered to himself before dialing his EA’s local. 

*********************************************

In the Hospital

Sarah was seated across her doctor’s office table, when her doctor entered the room after examining her at the examination cubicle. The doctor sat across her and looked at her.

“The babies heartbeats are normal, Sarah. Your latest ultrasound shows that they are fine and growing. I am just worried about your blood pressure as it was a little elevated. Your BP was little only a little high from the normal that it is not yet alarming. I still don’t want to risk it so I am putting you in a light diet. I suggest that you avoid fattening foods. I also recommend that you monitor your sugar intake as well. Eat more vegetables and fruits, and if you can stick with white meat the better. I also want you to take easy on household chores and take more rest.” The doctor explained to her.

"Should I be worried, Doctor?" She apprehensively asked her. Her doctor shook her head at her. "No cause for alarm, preeclamsia is frequent especially in twin pregnancy that it is considered common." She appeased her.

Sarah nodded at her and clutch on her stomach. “Ah doctor my 3rd month is almost over, why am I still very nauseous especially during mornings and early evening? Is that a symptom of my elevated BP? She asked her doctor. She never mentioned it to her husband as she doesn’t want to worry him but lately her nausea bothers her too much. It usually happens after he leaves the house for the office or before he went home. Tha's the reason why he never saw her more frequent spells. She thought to herself as the doctor wrote something in her records.

Dr. Aquino lifted her head from the pad she was writing on and looked at her. “The nausea is normal Sarah, especially with twin pregnancies, even after the first trimester. That is the result of the increased concentration of the hormone, kaya your spells are more frequent.” The doctor clarified to her. She then looked back at her notes and wrote something at her prescription pad.

“The elevated BP has nothing to do with your frequent spells, Sarah you don’t have to worry. Don’t be alarmed about the BP. Although it is quite elevated it is still not on the disturbing stage. I just want you to take precautions.” She again, clarified to her. Please avoid being stress out and don’t worry too much. The doctor added as she gave her the prescription.

“Here’s a new set of vitamins you need to take every day. Make sure to follow the dosage I wrote in there and you’re good to go. I just want you to be conscious of your food and sugar intake para hindi lumala ang pagtaas ng bp mo. I’ll see you in two weeks.  Just schedule the date and day with my secretary and I’ll check on you by then.” She told her as she walked her out to her office and to the clinic’s reception area.

Sarah thanked her doctor and strode towards the doctor's secretary and paid the bill. She then scheduled her next check up on a weekend as reminded by her husband.

“Oh Mam Sarah, bakit po weekend ang schedule niyo sa next visit niyo. Diba po ayaw niyo ng weekend kasi madaming patients.” Her doctor’s secretary curiously asked her, who seems to be surprised by  the change of her usual appointment day.