3|| Self-Enlightment

Everyone was given life, before they even knew what life was. And when you are old enough, people around you will start to ask what you sought for in your life and what

type of afterlife would you like.

In life, most of the time, you will be given two choices, diligence or concede. If you were to show diligence, you would be able to climb up the society ladder...or perhaps not. If you were to concede, life would give up on you...or perhaps not. So...would you climb or concede?

In relationships, some people may be nice to you, but they may stab you on your back to climb the ladder of success while some might truely be selfless enough to push you all the way up, not minding the fact that you will have to step on them in order to make your way upwards. Would you step or be stepped?

Some people were asked whether they would like to go to heaven or hell, and so were you. You came up with a theory on the spot that you would not like to spend your time running in a garden with flowers or to be trapped in a burning furnace at hell. But then where else could you possibly go, you often wondered. Where would you like to go and where could that possibly be? Would the people you want to see in the afterlife, choose to be in the same place as you?

Life ain't about making choices. Choices makes you, and you know that. The people you meet defines your experience and how you will turn out. You didn't start out as an empty book from the start, you was given a place to be born in, a birthday, people who would look at you upon your arrival and perhaps by then the way you would leave the world and the time has already been predestined.

If horoscope had destined the steps that you would take, choices that you would have make and even divulge the obstacles that you would have to face. Will you still be glad that you were born?

The freedom that you have always wanted, wasn't freedom. It was just to live a life without restrictions. That's because when you realize there's no one there you can talk to or to show concern for, you will question yourself if that is the true freedom you have been seeking for?

And from here on, you should always remind yourself that you aren't the most blessed person on Earth. But neither are you the one with the worst pain. Have you ever tried to spend an entire day merely to enjoy the nature, by indulging yourself to a wide piece of grassland to lie for hours or simply just gaze at the night sky which contained perhaps only like one or two stars?

You have always had joy in your life, but most people die without realizing it. The limbs that handicap people would pray just to own one, the functioning brains that those family whose kins are in coma long for, the lungs that could breathe without hurting, were all stuffs that you owned. The world was unfair to these others, but it was good and play favourirism to you in her own way.

You are definitely not the happiest too. The happiest moment are often just a momentary happening and they don't last. They become memory and they even fade with time. When remembered they were called happy times and not happiest time because you will always overwrite the best and also the worst parts of your life. People who had worst may had their loved ones gone without bidding goodbye, abandoned despite giving their all, starved or even abused. But here you are reading this story, so most likely you are doing fine.

Thus all you should remember and take away from this chapter would be to live only in the present so that you wouldn't regret your today, yesterday or tomorrow.