Chapter 4

I was sat in a chair and every head building supervisor, hitoshi due to family and the two inmates related to my father Musashi and Jyugo were stood behind their supervisor.
"You want my story? The one i never told? Well... I guess you have it."

So i started with the basics from my nightmare and flashback from last night.

               *Flash back*
I was isolated and abused as a child. All i knew was that one room.
It was everything. From a bedroom, to a medic room, torture, and bathroom.
But something use to still exists in that room.
My heart.
I say I'm immortal but the problem is I'm not. I'm just a dead girl walking. My father and the man who refers to himself as elf use to experiment on me.
One day they discovered they could remove my heart and i might survive and so they risked it.
Sadly, it was successful.
My heart is alive. Otherwise, i wouldn't have emotions. If its destroyed i wont die. They did tests to ensure that. But what they believe to happen, is that i will lose any and all emotions. Almost shell like. Empty and hollow.
Without a heart, there was no blood and that meant I'm dead.
It wasn't this fact which made me valuable to them. Its what happened after. My body made blood and a new heart. Not of skin, muscles or anything relatable to anything human. Instead it was all made of this darkness. This shadow.
Anything it touches... Dies. That's why i have the bandages.

How long have i been dead? A little since before i became a Sugoroku.
I never told anyone and my new mother found out the truth rather quickly due to her friend. The nurse who touch it... Died. My adopted mother decided to make an attempt to prevent this by wrapping areas of  skin....
I say skin but its actually where i lost skin for testing and my body regenerated. Back then, my body had nothing but the shadow substance to use for regeneration. Now i have sugars, fats and vitamins it can rapidly turn those into new organs and tissue.
But its not really like i need organs.
But I'm glad i do. I am a bit of a food lover. I enjoy eating. Different foods and experiences.

When i joined the world. Not of that cell. I discovered i loved photography and drawing.
But i had a skill for being stealthy and hiding in shadows. Made me perfect for an assassin or a killer.

How did i get caught?
Easy. I didn't. When they found me they were good cops so i agreed to come as long ad they didn't hand cuff me or touch me.
For some reason, they agreed.

*End flashback.*

"Bullshit."
Hajime slapped his hands on the table.

I removed the bandages.
I say black as its the closest thing i guess.
But in reality. Its a colour that's not existed before. Its purple, browns, blacks, magenta, navy, and grey. All mashed together in a collage of sorts.
The substance itself was creepy. When examined closely you can make out faces of sorts. Those are the human i took the lives of. Their souls trapped. Never to go to heaven or hell as long ad i live.
The substance would sometimes have sparks of sorts and would try to detach, only to be drawn back to my body as if it was a magnet.

A few of the supervisors looked at me in horror. Others were afraid. Only hajime, samon,  warden, and kenshirou examined me emotionlessly.
"So Jyugo still hate me because im related to him?"
I watched as the guilt built in his face.
"Are all of you happy?! The secret of my life. The man kenshirou has been chasing along with musashi and Jyugo. So if any of you ever find him or elf. Say to your shadow (y/n) 3 times and i will appear to help you."

The place was silent.
Almost. When everyone heard a sniffle we turned to see Hajime and Hitoshi had tears running down their faces.
"I'm sorry i never told you. I never wanted to hurt you."
Hitoshi just cried a rainbow while Hajime tried to hide the fact his eyes were leaking.
When Hitoshi took me and the other two inmates into the corridor i sat down on the floor.
"If you two hate me for what my father did i accept your hatred. My father ruined your lives."
"I don't blame you. It seems you had it worse than Jyugo. Jyugo sees it had his life mission to kill him. There isn't much else to it. However, he had elf kill my entire family, and then used me to create a perfect Pyrokinesis user."
I stood and bowed to both of them.
" I apologise for his actions towards you both. "
I put my human hand on his eye. I hoped my body could heal his but i was wrong.
" Sorry. I cannot heal those injuries to your eyes. "
" Its not a problem. "

After a long awkward silence i was called back in.
The warden spoke.
" (y/n) Sugoroku. You now have two choices. Serve your immortality sentence in isolation here until we all die. Or, still be a prisoner but no normal rules apply. "
" Normal? "
" You can wander the prison. You can go to different buildings and do anything a guard does without permission. "
" Why? "
" Because you can do it if you travel in a shadow. So we can't really stop you. "
" Although true, they know i am there. "
" Your choice. "
" I guess i will be a person who lives here. "
" Then it is decided. Also one more thing, you will use my personal bathroom as your a female. And no other inmate may know your gender. "
" Understood. But can i also use the staff hot springs? "
She simply nodded.
I was dismissed.
Both the inmates tilted their heads towards me when i opened the door their ears had previously been attached to.
" Tell anyone and you and those people wont see the next day. "

Both frantically nodded.
Hajime began taking me and Jyugo in the monorail back to building 13.
"Jyugo?"
"Ye?"
"Will anyone in our cell be my friend? Or am i truly hated and feared?"
"I will make sure they know you're a good person. And i will be your friend. No matter what you do."
"Thanks."
I went to look up at my brother but he karate chopped my head.
"Ow~ what was that for."
"I can't believe you kept something like that from me. For what, at least a decade?"
"Gomenasai."

He looked away from me.
"By the way, how am i supposed to get around without a guard?"
"I will have you a key card by tomorrow."
"Oh. Alright... I really feel uncomfortable. A prisoner living a normal and privileged life in the worlds most secure prison. It feels..."
"Wrong?"
"Ye."
"Think how i feel. Worse part is you can take cell 13 with you to other buildings which seriously makes me nervous. I have a stomach cramp just thinking about it."
"Poor oni-chan."
Jyugo laughed but stopped when Hajime glared at him.
"Don't be a bitch. I remember us laughing at situations like that when we saw them in public."
"Tsk-"
We made it to our cell where everyone ran up and hugged Jyugo.

I knew i wasn't wanted and went to the corner i curled up and slept in the last night.
"Ryu is a good person. He was tortured worse than i was. And it was his father. He offered me something incredible. He's actually a good person. Don't be mean or exclude him just because your afraid or don't know him. Alright."

Rock was the first person to apologise. Nico offered me his manga to read as his apology. Uno just didn't do anything.

I bowed to them all.
" I apologise. I am not who i say i am. I am an immortal. A dead person. Some parts of who i am are confidential for now so i apologise. I didn’t mean to deceive any of you. I didn’t mean to hurt anyone emotionally or mentally. I didn’t mean to be someone you would be afraid of and hate. If after the week you still hate me. I will leave. "

They all ran into their beds where they got into a circle and whispered.
Jyugo put the thumbs up at me.
" How about a game of poker? "
" No one beats the master gambler."

We played 12 games. I won 8. Jyugo won 1 which gave everyone a panic attack. The last 3 rounds were won by uno.
He was devastated when the game finished.
"Don't play against a god."
"You cheated."
"Of course i did. So. Did you."
Everyone looked shocked.
"What?"
"How."
"Deception is my master skill. Also a magician never reveals their secrets."
Everyone began laughing and for once so did i.

I waited till everyone was asleep to wander building 13.
I eventually found the kitchen we had dinner in and it was almost empty. The chef shiro was still here.

" Shiro."
The large bulky blonde prison chef turned to me.
"Is there any chance you would be willing to make me a full English breakfast?"
He nodded and i sat at a table.
It didn't take long and for some reason his food twinkled and sparkled like an anime meal.
How strange...
I tucked in and devoured the dish in seconds. It was a much needed dish.
" It was delicious. Thank you for this. I know you were about to leave so sorry for troubling you."
"No trouble."
I smiled at him before running off and waving goodbye.
I sneaked a peak into the staff dorms to see everyone was asleep.

I looked into the cells and everyone was asleep.
I mean its only 3am. Why isn't a single person awake.
I got bored and left building 13.

I felt a presence and i slowly backed up into the building.
I knew who that was and now i was afraid.
I killed him. He was dead.
...
Right?
His ID is now known as Prisoner 0956.
His real name. Liam Roberts.
The man who was the dirty rapist cop