Chapter 12: revelations

3rd person pov

After y/n finally shut down the central computer a door on one side opened up and his team was right there.

Compa: you did it, Zero!
Y/n: yeah. What did all of you do while i was busy killing this guy?
IF: we were surrounded by a lot of the soldier units, but we managed to make it out.
Y/n: i'm just glad you're all ok.

Everyone gave the masked thief a smile. Another door opened and a familiar face arrived.

Linda: hey boss, i thought i heard someth-

The underling froze once she saw that Affimojas had a sword in his chest and saw that the goddesses and the thief were right in front of her.

Linda: Nope!

Linda tried to run, but when she turned she saw that the masked thief was in front of her. He didn't do anything. He tried to speak, but Linda could only hear the sounds of chains.

Linda: wh-what did he s-say?
White heart: if you come with us you'll be safe. He promises.

Y/n walked past linda and everyone was looking at her. She ran to y/n and held his arm and continued to walk right next to him.

Linda: you'll... Keep me safe... R-right?

Y/n gave the underling a nod and they continued their exit. After a while they walked into a prison area.

Black sister: doesn't look like there's any prisoners in here.

Or so it seemed. Y/n saw a silhouette and tried to see who it was. It was a familiar woman in a business suit.

Y/n: Rei?
Rei: Y/n, is that you?

Y/n released Rei from her prison cell. However after she was released y/n gave her a stare.

Rei: is... Something wrong?

The thief pulled on Rei's face and after she fell to the floor, a shining light was made. After the light was cleared, the CPU blue heart appeared.

Y/n: Rei... You're a CPU?
Blue heart: i guess there's no point in hiding it from you anymore.
Y/n: wait... Come with us. You haven't done anything wrong.

Blue heart looked into the young thief's e/c eyes and decided to go along with him.
Eventually they were able to get out of the base and walked to a warmer forest. The CPUs and candidates untransformed and looked at linda.

Noire: so... What are we going to do with her?

Y/n looked at Linda's red eyes and finally spoke.

Y/n: leave her be...
Vert: are you sure we should just leave her alone?
Y/n: it's understandable why she would work for the enemy. She didn't have a choice and needed to money to support herself. She was never evil, she just wanted to survive.

Y/n suddenly heard a flying noise and saw that Blue Heart was flying away.

Y/n: Rei? Wait!

Y/n tried to run after her but she was already far away. He fell to his knees and looked down. Linda walked up to the thief and tried to cheer him up a little.

Linda: i'm... sure you'll be able to find her... Someday.

Y/n gave Linda a nod and everyone went to Planeptune's basilicom while Linda was left to decide her own fate.

At the basilicom

Y/n: i guess we did a great job out there.
Vert: your thieving skill can get you to places, doesn't it?
Y/n: yeah... It really does.
Plutia: where'd you learn how to be sooooo gooood?
Neptune: you should tell us the story of how you became an amazing thief, y/n.
Y/n: sure... I guess i should start from the beggining.

Y/n's story

Y/n was once a normal teenager and did things that were normal for a kid of 17 years. Hanging out with friends, playing videogames, drinking coca cola, and other things. However this all changed one night at y/n's home. He was playing videogames until suddenly his room went pitch black. He tried to feel around him, but it felt like there was nothing but empty space. A blue light appeared and it larger and sucked y/n into it. He fell on his face and eventually woke up in an alleyway.

Random dude 1: yo! I saw something strange happen over here.
Random dude 2: it's some kid knocked out in an alleyway.
Random dude 3: he looks like he's about to get up.

Y/n got up and the random dudes saw that he was wearing a masquerade raven mask.

Random dude 2: hey kid, what's with the mask?
Flashback Y/n: a mask..?

Y/n tried to grab his face and felt his hands touch feathers. As though it were instinct, he tried to force the mask off. He eventually ripped it off, but he let out a painful shriek because blood squirted out of his face. A massive explosion of darkness engulfed y/n and after it cleared, he jumped to a rooftop and fell to his knees because he had a headache. He felt the knowledge of a Phantom Thief flowing to his brain and gained the knowledge of how to become an incredible thief. After his small headache, y/n took a look at himself and noticed that his clothes had changed and was wearing the raven mask again. Y/n looked around himself and realized something.

Flashback Y/n: i'm... In the Hyperdimension

Y/n looked and saw two goddesses investigating the scene.

Flashback Y/n: it appears my speculation was, indeed correct.

Y/n took the time to process what's going on and realized he was all alone and made himself a goal: to help rid the Hyperdimension of the evil within it.

Flashback Y/n: be warned, gamindustri. A new thief shall steal the spotlight.

Story end.

Y/n: i am a shadow. The true self.
Nepgear: a shadow?
Y/n: a shadow is the true part of someone they constantly hide. Some people have accepted their shadows. Rather than accepting my shadow, i became my shadow. I believed i was a normal teen, but deep inside, a valiant thief was who i really was.
Neptune: are you upset about this?
Y/n: if i didn't become my true self, i wouldn't have met you guys. You guys are my friends.

Everyone gave y/n a smile and he tried to return one with his eyes.

Plutia: you're our friend too, Y/n.

The group celebrated their victory until it was finally time for everyone to go home.

At IF's apartment

IF: you did a great job out there, partner.
Y/n: i always find a way. Hopefully the goddesses regained some shares.
IF: i'm sure they did. Now get some sleep.

Y/n fell asleep and decided to continue his friendship with the characters he's made friends with so far tommorow.