Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

Wren sneers, irritated.

"Don't make me repeat myself." Kai grits so quietly, I get goosebumps.

Wren slides his eyes to me and smirks before walking away. I take a breath that I'd been holding in ever since he crowded me, my eyes wet with fear.

"Are you okay, Rosé?" Matthew asks me.

I nod in appreciation.

"Yeah, thank you."

Kai frowns, worried and furious. Throwing an arm around my shoulders, he pulls me into a hug and I welcome the comfort. I hide my face in his chest, welcoming the warmth. He caresses my back before pulling me back by my arms.

"Come on, I know what'll cheer you up." Kai cradles my cheeks and shows me his charismatic, boyish smile.

I sniffle.

Kai grabs my hand and takes me past the art studio and up to the rooftop. It's empty and the muggy breeze is soothing.

"What are we doing here?" I ask with a quiet voice.

Kai walks over to the edge and peeks down then looks at me with a mischievous smile. He pulls out a small yellow box and gestures me to come over. When I'm beside him, he empties some of the contents of the box in my hand.

"Bang snaps?" I gawk at him as I feel my restlessness slowly washing away.

Kai empties some in his own hands.

"Bia said this dude from the lacrosse team has been messing with her even after she's said no," Kai grins, giving me a side glance, "So we're going to make his life a little miserable today."

I stare at him in awe and when a light laugh escapes my lips, I know that I never want to lose this boy.

Kai looks over the edge and when he sees the guy, he shares an exciting look with me before throwing a handful of bang snaps towards the poor dude. We both see him jump and scramble out of the way. With a loud what the fuck, he looks up but we're quick to duck down so he doesn't see us.

Kai and I laugh and he motions me to throw some so I do. Carefully leaning over the edge, I see the boy and hurl some bang snaps at him and watch him jump and shriek. I drop back to my knees and laugh wholeheartedly.

"Motherfucker's a girl in disguise." Kai jokes.

Kai empties the rest into his hands and tosses them over the roof and hides back down and when we hear another girly shriek, we're crying tears.

Kai sees me laugh and a fascinated look paints his gorgeous face. He bites his bottom lip before leaning in and pecking my cheek. I stare at him in awe and shyness.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Daniel and I are studying in the library after his late practice. It's quiet. It's raining so the sky is darker than usual which makes the warm ambiance cosy. I'm sitting next to him, helping him with his part of the project with his varsity jacket over my legs because I got cold.

"Get rid of this because we're already talking about it in this section." I cross out the paragraph that he had written.

Daniel nods and makes a note with a post-it onto the section that he needs to redo. Our bodies are so close together as I read through the rest of his paragraphs, the warmth radiates from his body like a cloud of comfort.

After a while, he leans back, manspreading, his arm lazily around my body on the sofa. I continue making notes for my written paragraphs.

"Fuck, it's raining a lot," Daniel looks out the window before glancing at me, "You got a ride?"

"No," I shake my head, pouting at the heavy fall of the rain, "I was gonna wait until it stops so I can walk home."

Nate normally gives me a ride home from campus or I walk home with Aaliyah but at times when they're both busy, I walk home alone. Which is totally cool with me because I've got my self-defense moves...that I haven't used yet. Whatever.

Daniel scowls at me.

"You make me fucking mad," he runs a hand through his hair, "I'll take you home."

I smile.

"No, it's okay. I like to walk."

Daniel looks at me like I've grown a second head.

"It's raining, Rosé and by the looks of it, it ain't stopping."

He's right. The rain looks treacherous, the sky is almost black with how gray the clouds are and it looks super cold.

I smile bashfully at him and he shakes his head in amusement. He watches me for a moment with an indescribable emotion before he grabs my wrist and tugs me between his legs so my back is resting against his chest. I'm caught by surprise but don't protest.

Daniel drags my scrunchie out of my hair, letting my hair fall down my waist. Chucking the scrunchie onto the table in front of us, he moves my hair to one side and places a heart-fluttering kiss on my neck. My heart thrums with exhilaration and my cheeks flush with cautiousness when he slithers his tongue over my hickey.

My hands go to his arms that are around my waist.

"W-we're in the library." I stutter, nervous and aroused.

"So?"

He slides my white-knitted cardigan off and moves his varsity jacket over my thighs.

"We could get caught."

Daniel darkly chuckles which makes me wonder that if he actually likes the idea of being caught. Red-hot desire unfurls through my body at the thought of being caught with Daniel.

With my back against him, he glides one hand over my stomach and up until he's fondling my breast. I breathily gasp at the sensation that that one touch courses through my body. It's addictive. Daniel groans when he grazes his thumb along my nipple. Moving the same hand down my body, under his varsity jacket, he bunches up my knee-length dress and sneaks his fingers underneath.

"Take these off." He flicks the band of my cotton underwear.

Hesitating only for a moment, I slide my undies down my legs, making sure the varsity jacket is covering my thighs, my heart hammers in nervousness. I hide them under my cardigan making him chuckle. Nudging my thighs apart, his hand sneaks under my dress and when I feel him touch my clit, I whimper.

"So fucking wet," Daniel groans huskily into my ear, his words teasing me, "Is it my touch making you wet or is it the thought of being caught, Rosé?"

I don't want to admit to him that it's the thought of being caught with him. Both are dangerous and so intoxicating.

"Fuck, Rosé," Daniel's raspy voice makes my tummy flutter with delicious heat, "I want to bend you over this table and fuck you so hard, you won't be able to walk for days."

Whoa.

Butterflies invade in my tummy, my body thawing and flaming from his filthy words. Daniel groans when he slides two fingers inside me making me whimper in wonderful euphoria.

"Daniel." I moan so softly.

He's making me feel so good—oh, god. Curling his fingers inside me, Daniel thrusts in a sweet pace. My eyes close and I drop my head against his shoulder as I bite my lip at the delicious pleasure unfurling within my body. Daniel places a soft kiss on my neck as he rubs his thumb over my clit.

My hands clamp over his arm that is around my waist, my nails digging into his skin. His breath dances along my sweltering skin, like a feather on fire.

"Come for me, baby." Daniel whispers into my ear.

And I come with a cloud of euphoria drifting me away.

Daniel kisses my jaw and stares at me in adoration and lust.

"You're blushing."