○Part 2○

That day had to have been the most painful. The whole country mourned for our beloved late King. Queen Ramonda was inconsolable, even Princess Shuri couldn't comfort her, though she tried. The elders sought out Ms. Kali and myself that very evening and ordered us to stay by the side of the royal women until the return of T'Challa. Ms. Kali would be with our Queen, and I would be with our Princess so that if anything were to go wrong, if the loss got too...overwhelming we would be there.
That evening Princess Shuri hugged me for the first time. We were in her room, had been there for two hours. Shuri was standing at her window, the view overlooking Wakanda, and I was watching her warily, tugging at the sleeves of my black shirt. Princess Shuri hadn't said anything since we'd left her mother's room, in fact, the only noise she made were sniffles. After standing there for two hours she finally broke her gaze from the window and looked at me, her eyes were broken and it almost made me tear up...almost. I didn't though, I had to be strong for our Princess, because she deserved to be weak right now. Without warning Princess Shuri rushed to me and I enveloped her into my embrace. She wept into my shoulder and I rubbed her back as the sobs wracked her body.
"My Baba." She cried, the vulnerability in her voice was raw.
"I know." I whispered back. We stayed like that for awhile, until it was time for bed. As I exit the room I see two Doea Milaje's posted outside of Princess Shuris room, that eased my mind for the night.
The next couple of weeks were a bit hectic. The elders came to visit more often because of the death of King T'Chaka, and with them here there was a lot more serving to be done. Anything that they asked of Kali and myself needed to be done quickly and efficiently. That coupled with the fact that we were supposed to keep our eyes on the royals was a little difficult but we somehow managed.
        Prince T'Challa would be returning later today and Kali and I hoped that this meant that the elders would become more scarce around the palace. After grueling away for 5 more hours, we were finally ordered to the entrance of the palace to welcome our Prince home. As we arrive, the Dora Milaje is already waiting alongside our Queen and Princess.
   As the jet lands on the landingstrip, we hold our breaths collectively as we see our Prince's face for the first time in weeks. We rejoice crossing our arms, right over left, as a sign of respect but we all immediately silence as we see that T'Challa is not alone.       Instead he is accompanied by two white men.
  The Dora Milaje moves quickly to surround the royal women and Kali and myself stand next to our Prince protectively. We may only be servants but everyone in the palace was required to train and learn how to fight. We obviously weren't as skilled as the Dora Milaje, but we could keep up if need be, and eight now it seemed like we would need to.