The Little Brother
(Awkward)
I know this is weird, but it's kind of a relief for you to treat me like this.

(Cut to black. When the lights come back on, The Patient is sitting on the bed waiting expectantly. The Girlfriend enters through right stage and walks over to the Patient)

The Girlfriend
Hello! How are you feeling?

The Patient
(Excited)
You're here!
(Grabs The Girlfriends hand getting her to sit)
Hurry! Sit down!

The Girlfriend
What's wrong? You're being quite clingy today.

The Patient
Is that bad?

The Girlfriend
No, I'm glad!

The Patient
That's good, because you're the only one who has told me they love me when I'm not putting on a straight face.

The Girlfriend
(Smiles and laughs)
Yes, of course! I don't want you to change either, please be mine forever...

(Stage cut to black. When the lights come back on, The Patient is sitting on the bed.)

ACT 2 SCENE 1 END

ACT 2
SCENE 2

The Patient
(Conflicted)
Everyone was happy. I'm able to act like myself before the accident, now I just need to pick one...

(A knock is heard. The Nurse enters and walks over to The Patient)

The Nurse
Excuse me. Are you having trouble sleeping?

The Patient
Oh, no... I'm fine.

The Nurse
If you need to talk I'm here to listen.

The Patient
(Pinching her hair)
I'm fine, really.

(The Nurse turns, and walks towards right stage But turns halfway and stomps back to The Patient. She hand-chops The Patients head.)

The Nurse
Hi-yah!

The Patient
(Surprised)
Ouch!

(The Patient covers her head and looks at The Nurse questionably)

The Nurse
You liar! I can tell you're worried about something. Whenever you're worried or upset, you have a habit of messing with your hair like this.
(Pinches her own hair)

(Beat)

The Nurse
What's wrong?

The Patient
Who do you think I should become?

(Beat)

(The Nurse grabs The Patients shoulders and faces The Patient towards her)

The Nurse
Listen, people can't become other people, you can only be you. Don't abandon yourself to become someone else.

The Patient
But that's why I want to become someone, right now, I'm no one.

(The Nurse shakes her head)

The Nurse
I only met you after you lost your memory and came here, but still, I know you. I know one of your quirks, I know you like white flowers, and I know your favourite author. I'd be sad to lose you.
(Takes her hands off The Patients shoulders)
It's normal to want to be like someone, it's great to admire others. But what you want to be is something you should decide for yourself.