3

Double update because I felt like it.

Suggested by @KasaiQueen
Honestly they are helping me with this book so much, thanks.

•••••

They're, There, and Their:

Okay I see people get these mixed up ALL the time. While it's a common mistake, it still makes reading, for me at least, a little less enjoyable. So here's a quick lesson:

They're- The apostrophe means it's a conjunction. A conjunction is like two words smashed into one (examples: can't, don't, won't, etcetera). In this case, "they're" means "they are".

Examples: They're going to the festival.
They are going to the festival.
Look at what they're doing.
Look at what they are doing.

For this, just remember that if you're trying to say "they are" then you need to use an apostrophe. "They are" becomes "They're". In this case if you aren't sure if you're using the right word, then just stick with saying "they are" instead.

There- This is usually used to talk about location, but it can be used for other things too.

Examples: Jack is standing over there.
There are five books on the table.
There won't be a meeting today.

Think of "there" as the answer to "Where?"
Since they are spelt similarly, it will be easier to remember.
"Where is the book?"
"It's over there."
I can't really think of a helpful way to remember the other ways "there" is used, but I'm sure you'll get it eventually!

Their- This is used to express possession of something.

Examples: Sally and Dan have their notes.
Their house is scary.
I don't like their attitude.

I don't know of a helpful way to remember this one, but I'm sure with a bit of practice, you can have it memorized in no time.

•••••

I hope this was helpful!