I | Weyland's Invitation

Mandaluyong,
Philippines

The Weyland Industries building in the Philippines was one of the main Weyland bases across the world. Considering your unique case, you were not invited but rather requested to see the place. It was near the end of your tour when someone pulled you away for a phone call. Your phone had been ringing for a while, but you turned your phone off.

"Hello?" You asked when handed the phone.

"Ms. l/n, my name is Maxwell Stafford. I represent Weyland industries." The deep voice responded which kept your brows furrowed in a curious way.

"Weyland Industries? For what do I owe the pleasure?"

"On behalf of Mr. Weyland, he would very much like to have you come tomorrow for a meeting on something special."

You tapped your index finger on the phone. "Tomorrow? I'm quite far out across the ocean right now."

"I know. That is why he ordered me to be your chaperone."

It sounded like a joke, but just as you looked outside the window from the floor you stood on you saw someone on their phone who stood out from everyone else since almost everyone who was here was native. They looked up as well knowing you were looking. It was curious how he knew you were there, but this was one of Weyland's building's after all.

"I'll be right down." You hung up with a small smirk and the shake of your head, then turned around to hand the phone back to the person who had given it to you.

You had never gone out on any official missions or journeys and it seemed odd Weyland invited you to some out-of-the-blue meeting. This must be your opportunity if he is wanting to have you come. Something did seem different about this. Not that you could tell immediately that this was an invitation for an expedition of some sort, but you had expected Weyland to be the one who invited you for your first one for the experience.

Since you were expectant you didn't think it would come to be like this, if this was it that is. If this is what you hoped then you couldn't wait to get out there.