Glasses of Beer

"Shit " Carol said, looking right at the mess she just made.

She bended over to try to clean it, but quickly realized she would just cut herself. She looked at the bartender, he looked pissed, even with the many "I'm so sorry" Carol said on repeat, like a machine gun, every sorry a bullet. Ben was trying to hold his laugh, putting his hand over his mouth, while watching Carol completely lost and embarrassed.

"Did I scare you?" he said, with the most charming accent, that made Carol's heart stop.

"A little bit yes" she said, not very happy about him showing up so late, she had already dropped all of her expectations of him.

"I'm sorry" he slightly touched her arm, making her shiver and turn around to look at him.

He was breath taking, everything Carol ever dreamed about. His eyes were like to two tourmalines, she loved his blonde hair and his hands...she just wish he would wrap his arms around her. She got lost for a while on his eyes, not really know what to say next or what to do, two minutes ago she was determinate to forget him, but as soon as Carol heard his voice, all her plans of moving on were gone.

"Would you like another drink?" He asked coming closer to the bar, being really close to her.

Carol could smell his perfume and it was delicious, after that she remembered that she probably stank and was very sweaty. She took a napkin, trying to dry herself a little bit.

"I'd love a drink" she answered " did you see the whole thing? Or..."

"I saw the last few songs" he responded "I got caught up at work, I'm sorry for that"

"Oh it's okay, you didn't even had to come"

"But I wanted to" he gave her a glass with beer "I have to admit I'm surprised you drink beer"

"Well Brazil is the 17th country that most drinks beer" she took a sip of it "and I studied in front of a bar, so" she laughed.

"Your smile is beautiful, has anyone ever told you that? " he leaned over the bar, giving her a sweet smile, that just made Carol freeze.

"W-Well, thank you " she put a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Also you look very cute when you're embarrassed"

"That just makes me even more embarrassed! " she hid behind her hands.

"That's even better " he touched her hands, holding them softly, taking them away from her face "also why are your hands so soft? " he slightly stroked her hand " that's a weird thing to say but they are indeed very soft"

"Thank you? I guess" she laughed again " I used a lot of creams, maybe that's it, and coconut oil for my tattoos"

"How many do you have?"

"Like, a bunch " she smiled "but most of them are hidden, my mom would kill me if they weren't, she was afraid I wouldn't get a job and well she was right"

"I think you're pretty far away from your mom, she wouldn't know If you got a few more " he said, still holding her hand.

"I " Carol started saying, but was interrupted by Gwil.

'Carol how do you know Josie? " he put himself in front of Ben, separating their hands "' I'm sorry to stop the cute moment but I am really curious"

"Oh, we live together" Carol wanted to laugh at how desperate Gwil looked " Why? Are you interested?"

"No no, I mean, maybe, I'm just " he took a deep breath " we met today and we came here together and when I went to the bathroom she was there hugging you and I got VERY confused, that's just it, but that's cool you two are friends and"

"Gwil, breathe! " Carol laughed "I bet she likes you, you're totally her type"

"Am I?"

''You're the perfect prince for princess Josie, Gwil '' Ben said, pushing his friend aside, laughing a little " now can you go and talk to her?"

"You mean leave you two alone right "Gwil said.

"I'm glad you understood that " Ben replied.

"Ok ok" he raised his hands " I'm going!"

"You are very bossy, aren't you? " Carol said, drinking more beer.

"When I want something I can be " he laughed.

Carol looked around, searching for her friends. Josie was sitting right next to Gwil, the two of them were talking and being so adorable. On the table close to them, Maé laughed loud with Joe, Rami and José, they seemed to be enjoying the night, all of them full of energy. Carol felt tired, physically tired, after performing and working all day, how wouldn't she?

She drank the rest of the beer and put the glass on the table.

"I'm starving, do you know if there's any burger kings or mc donalds around here? I still get lost, I've being trying to figure out this town for the last months and still, completely lost " Carol said and Ben smiled.

"I don't think there's any fast food close to here, darling" that darling hit Carol and she was hypnotized by how warm his voice was " but I can take you to eat, my car is just outside, if you don't mind being stuck with me in a box with wheels for the next 20 minutes"

"That would be very sweet, thank you very much sir " she joked.

"Then come on" Ben took her hand "let's get a burger"