Reputation

Doug
Alright, a little over a month into the school year, and I was enjoying the crisp Summer to Fall time of year from my single dorm room.
I hadn't done much of anything, sans studying for tests and whatnot.
The old me would be out, either looking for a job, or some pool game.
But, as I wasn't that guy anymore, I decided not to do that anymore.
And, after a quick look in the mirror, I didn't even look like him either.
I'd gotten my hair cut and dyed my hair's silver bangs to match the rest of my locks.
And, I'd shaved the stubble on my chin off so I looked complete different from my time as Merrick Baliton.
Saying it like that kinda made me feel only a little wrong, but… it's true.
Heck, I didn't even recognize myself after I did all this.
But, it's for the best.
Anyway, as I walked out of the dorm, I got elbowed by someone, who then snapped at me for it.
“Out of the way, freak.”
I glared at them and, while I would've just brushed it off… I don't take kindly to being called ‘Freak’.
And, as I said, I had nothing better to do today.
So, I followed him till he went down an empty hallway.
Once he was, I tapped his shoulder.
“What now?” He grumbled as he turned to me.
I gave him a resounding punch in the face before I kicked him down.
He went to grab my leg, but I kept away before he got back up.
“You think it's smart to mess with me?” He growled.
“Please, I can mess you up faster than you think… I've taken on a gang of bikers and came out completely unscathed, and had them afraid of me.” I retorted.
“They weren't as giving as I'm about to be....” He growled and ran up to me, with a raised fist.
I simply sighed and side-stepped him before I grabbed the back of his shirt and threw him into the wall.
He kicked me into the opposite, but I retaliated by grabbing his leg and turning him onto the floor, followed by me holding him down.
“Alright, alright, break it up.” Two teachers pulled us apart.
I glared at the guy before I looked around and saw that we'd gotten a pretty large crowd.
“Well, Mr. Leary… I think you've just earned yourself a reputation.” The teacher holding me back, Professor Kapps, noted shortly.
I simply pulled away and looked at the crowd before I let out. “Dean’s office or what?”
“Who threw the first punch?” The other teacher, Professor Traxen, questioned between us.
“It was him!" The other guy didn't waste time blaming me.
“Maybe, next time, don't call someone a freak for just running into you.” I shot back.
Then, I just walked away.
I didn't care for my reputation anyway.
I just wanted a normal college life.