Chapter 1

Cindy wanted to escape for a bit from the house, step mom, and two step sisters so she went to her safe haven. She entered the cemetery and started to search for the head stone. Once she found it, she sat down not before placing flowers down by the stone.

"Hi mom. Hi dad" Cindy tried so hard not cry when the memories of their death ran through her mind. First memory is with her last moment with her mom. She couldn't really believe that her mom is laying in the hospital bed pale,fragile from not having many days left to live. The heart disease couldn't be cured. She was five at the time and didn't want her mom to go. It wasn't her time to go. She still needed her.

"Cindy my dear. I want to tell you something" her mom beckoned her to come closer.

"Yes mommy?"

"I don't have much time left and I just wanted to tell you, I know you are going to grow up to such a strong woman. Even though I won't be here to see you grow up, just know I will be watching from above. I love you so much." After she said that, her eyes were closing.

"Mommy no! Don't leave leave just yet." When Cindy heard the life line go flat, she bursted into tears. "I'm going to miss you mom" she whispered.

The second memory was she heard the death of her father. Cindy was sitting in her living room, reading a book when she was interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell. When she opened the door, she didn't expect to see two police officers standing there.

"Are you a family member of Benjamin Pruette?" one of the officers asked.

"I'm his daughter. Did something happen to my dad?" Cindy wished she didn't hear what the police officer had to say judging by the solemn expression they both had.

"I'm sorry to inform you that your father Benjamin Pruette has been killed on impact from a car accident." Cindy's world came crumbling down and she couldn't process what the officer just told her. First, she lost her mother and now her father.

After her father's death, her step mom and step sisters completely changed. Shirley treated Cindy like a servant, Phoebe and Mercedes picked on her a lot. Good thing no one bullies her in school. She has enough of that at home.

Cindy brushed away the stray tears. "I miss you guys so much. Things would be so much better and different if you both were still here. And dad, I really wished you never married Shirley. I never considered her as mom. She can never replace my mom."

Cindy stroke her parents name on the stone. The moment only lasted a minute because it was time to leave.