𝟐.𝟏𝟑

Mulai dari awal

Sam took the rifle from one of the guards as another kept trying to hit the target but kept on failing. Grounders were now looking at us with funny faces as Sam positioned herself beside him.

-    "Sir, we got an audience." –a guard warned Kane.

-    "I love a good audience, don't you?"

-    "Hold your fire."

Kane ordered and the guard stopped shooting while Sam turned around, eyebrows raised in annoyance at Kane. He moved after her and took her rifle, decided to show the Grounders how it was done.

-    "Allow me." –he said pushing her out of the way- "Keep a solid stance. Observe."

He then proceeded to shoot the targets without failing one. As he was about to turn around to face the Grounders, Sam took the other guard's rifle and shoot right after Kane finished, not missing a target either. Bellamy would be proud. I smiled to myself as Kane looked at her, incredulous.

-    "It's possible that I'm a fast learner." –she handed him the rifle- "It's also possible you're all underestimating us."

Sam turned around to leave, the Grounders moving to let her pass. One of them was the one who had got into a fight with Murphy; he was observing Sam with a look I wasn't sure how to depict, it was like a mixture of fear, respect, and eagerness.

-    "Would you like to try?" –Kane asked the Grounders, offering them the rifles- "I could teach you. Your enemy has guns and so should you." -the Grounder nearest to him looked like he was going to take the weapon but Indra's voice stopped him, probably scolding them all-    "It's alright, I offered."

-    "We don't need your weapons." –Indra faced him before turning around- "Back to training. All of you."

The Grounders left as Sam looked at me in total confusion.

-    "Guns could keep them alive." –Kane said- "It's like they're afraid of them."

-    "They are." –I spoke- "Legend has it if a Grounder picks up a gun, even to shoot another Grounder, Mount Weather will wipe out their entire village. Can't have your blood supply defending themselves, right?"

-    "Well, this may prove a little harder than we anticipated." –Sam commented, facing the Grounders fighting- "We may need to train like they do before they train like us."

-    "If we don't arm them we can't win." –Kane argued.

-    "Like hell we can't."

I raised my voice putting my sword back in its place and moving away from Kane as I made a sign for Sam to follow me.

-    "They won't trust us unless we trust them first, Kane."

Sam added before leaving with me towards our room.

-    "We need to do something." –I placed my sword on my bed as soon as I stepped inside- "We can't let the truce fail just because the Grounders won't take our guns."

-    "I'll repeat what I said to Kane: if we don't trust them, they won't trust us."

-    "Any ideas?"

-    "Oh, a couple." –she smiled sitting down on her bed- "All of them painful."

-    "I'm in."

-    "And I am the one who has a dangerous love for death, right?"  -she chuckled.

-    "We have to do this, you know they won't."

-    "Honestly? I'm a little tired of doing the Chancellor's jobs. I didn't sign up for this."

-    "With Clarke back with the Commander and Bellamy in Mount Weather with Lincoln, you are the next in line to follow."