𝟐.𝟕

────「COMMANDER」────

     Once I got back to camp it was pitch black except for the torches of the Grounders who were then surrounding us

     Once I got back to camp it was pitch black except for the torches of the Grounders who were then surrounding us. Well, I guess it's too late to run away now. I hope Clarke convinced her mom. I got to the doors, hoping that Clarke had convinced her mom, raising my hands as the guards pointed their rifles at me until they realized I wasn't a Grounder, allowing me inside as I rolled my eyes, wondering who any was still alive if they thought someone like me could be a Grounder. I wondered if they comprehended who the Grounders were. I doubted it. Probably talking from what they have heard from others, making their own images in their heads. Meanwhile I, an untrained civilian, had to have dealt with them first hand. The irony.

As soon as I was inside, I started looking for Clarke and Finn because I was certain they'd be together, finally being informed by a guard that they were talking with Abby and Jaha inside. Jaha, the last person I ever want to see, great. I mentally prepared myself for what was to come, walking to the room I knew they would be in and standing outside for a second to understand what I would have to be dealing with.

-    "Let me talk to the Commander." -Clarke's voice was the first that I caught- "She was Anya's second, maybe she'll listen."

-    "We don't even know if the Commander is here."

Yeah, cause we would come here with an idea that isn't really an idea; alright Jaha, thanks for your input.

-    "Yes, we do. Nyko told us." –Finn backed Clarke up- "You have to at least let her try."

-    "Abby, we're wasting time. Give me the authority. Now."

I had been there for less than 2 minutes and I was already fed up with Jaha's attitude so, before he could pretend for one more second that he was an eminence in Grounder matters, I opened the door and walked inside, all their eyes landing on me

-    "Jaha." -I eyed him, speaking before he could- "Always a pleasure."

-    "Sam, thank God you're back."

-    "I don't mean to be pushy," -I glanced at Clarke, cutting whatever this reunion was short- "but we should get going."

-    "We?"

-    "You truly didn't think Clarke was going alone, right?" -I grinned at her mom- "I'm going with her and we are leaving now. We don't have time to lose."

-    "Hold on a second. Clarke told me Lincoln is going through withdrawal."

-    "I'm no expert on the medical field but I trust Clarke knows what's up."

-    "We don't know what he's withdrawing from; the detox alone could kill him."

-    "The more reason to do this fast, get inside Mount Weather and figure out what they are using."