- "You haven't told her?"

- "No."

- "Who knows then?"

- "Well, you obviously." –I gave her a look as I sat beside her- "Yeah, yeah, I still need to explain everything but you count as one so shut up. Lincoln and Octavia because I went to ask Lincoln's opinion since he's a Grounder and stuff so it made sense. And Murphy."

- "Murphy?"

- "He knew straight away something was up when we went to the dropship and I didn't have a fire weapon."

- "I see."

- "He's more perceptive than you give him credit for."

- "If you like him, he has to have something." –I grinned at her and she rolled her eyes- "So..." –I got comfortable on the floor next to her- "Tell me about it."

- "Alright." –she laid down next to me on her stomach, resting her head on her hand- "I feel like I'm repeating myself for the billion time now. So, turns out the Grounders..."

- "What?" -I furrowed my eyebrows for she had stopped speaking just as she started her story.

- "Uh, I never thought about this but you are about to hate this part." -she smiled to herself.

- "I got the feeling I'm not going to like any of it."

- "Whatever. The Grounders do know who most of us are, like our abilities and stuff; which, if you think about it for a second and please do, makes sense... they'd want to get the strengths and weaknesses of their potential enemies."

- "Just because it is logical doesn't mean I feel better about it."

- "I know, just hear me out."

She gave me a pleading look as she sat up and I nodded at her, so she continued telling me all about the Commander's offer. She explained to me the reasons why she thought she needed the 'special' training and I understood it all as I saw how her eyes sparkled with the eagerness to learn, to become better, and she wanted to do it all to protect us because she had given herself that job and there was nothing anyone could do to change her mind on that.

So I knew that, even if she was saying she was just asking for my opinion, she sounded more like she was asking for my permission in a way. She wanted to do it and she was going to, regardless of what any of us could think about it, but she was also making sure I knew it before it happened and that I understood why she was doing it. I appreciated it, the fact that she chose to check in with me before doing what we both already knew she was dying to do.

- "Honestly, Sam, I'm not even sure why you're checking with me first. You're free to do whatever the hell you want."

- "Really? Again, Bellamy?" -she sighed rolling her eyes- "I care about you and I don't want me training with the Grounders -that you hate so much- breaking us apart, can't you understand that?" –she furrowed her eyebrows and locked her eyes on the trees in front of her, clenching her jaw.

- "Sam..." –I started, sitting up and taking her chin in my hand so that she'd look at me, relaxing her jaw- "There's not a single thing in this world that could make me want to be away from you, I love you and I trust you and I respect you. I know you'll always end up doing whatever the hell you want and I feel privileged you're asking for my opinion. I would never ban you from doing what you think is right. If you truly want to do this and you feel like it's the right thing to do then I'm all in for it."

She didn't say anything right away but I knew she was processing my words.

- "Ugh, you're the best." –she hugged me and I chuckled- "I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now."