To An Unknown Place

Feyre

She was convinced that she had no idea who this Maeve was or her power. She was even more unsure about the so-called weapon, just the thought of an it being the most powerful thing scared her. There were so many High Lords here with shit loads of power. But an it, what could possibly be more powerful than their power, as long it wasn't something like the cauldron. Again it was restored and safely kept. Though the thought of a weapon with power enough to be compared to the cauldron sent shivers down her spine. 

"She comes from a different world than ours," Jurian explained, "And she is very, very dangerous" 

"Fuck" He breathed, " She might even be more powerful than Hybern" There was this short moment when his breath ceased, only to return again with a force blended with fear and rage. "Dammit, she is even more powerful," Once again he stopped to breathe as if he was afraid to continue. "And she's wicked, she's way worse than Hybern"

The entire room fell into a thick silence, like smoke, making it impossible to breathe. Once again Prythian was exposed to danger. Exposed to something way worse than the thing that almost tore it apart. But she kept her face still and refused to show any sign of weakness. Helion, who sat comfortably back in his chair raised his voice. "Is there anything that can be done to prevent her from coming" Jurian shook his head and covered his mouth with his hand. Before Jurian had time to answer, she did. 

"No" Everyone turned to look at her. "Think about it, what happens when we refuse, we just survived through one war, but will we if another comes, as Jurian said, she's powerful and wicked, worse than Hybern, and  she has the most powerful weapon, in maybe history, we won't survive that, especially considering we don't have warriors enough, we don't even have a whole army that can stand" For a moment they seemed to consider it. Then Beron shot back. "Well, what do you suggest we do then" The question Feyre had pondered ever since the conversation started. "We still don't know why we are going to be keepers, but she obviously needs us for some reason, otherwise she wouldn't go through all the trouble, we need to find out why she needs us, that's our leverage, when she arrives we need to be a unit but we can't show her our real strengthen, that'll cause her to underestimate us, when the weapon is in our possession we need to figure out everything we can about it, all loopholes that'll help us if she turns against us" Rhys on my left side gave me an approving nod, a small smile curving in the corner of his lip. 

But not all were as convinced as Rhys that it was going to work. Kallias especially, considering what happened to his people last time. With the help of Viviane and Mor, they managed to persuade him into agreeing. It was risky, and it might as well be a rash decision, but right now, they hadn't been given any choice. All they could do now was to choose one bad decision out of several worse ones. 

In the distance, Feyre could see the sun disappearing behind the ocean. It's powerful waves striking the soft sand were in perfect rhythm with the cold breezes caressing her skin. She could feel a hand on her waist. Without turning to look at him, she fell into Rhys's embrace. His strong arms hugged her from behind. For a while they said nothing, just looking at the view, taking it in. 

"It was a good decision," He said. Her head rested on his chest and she sighed. "What if something happens" The hold around her tightened and he whispered into her ear. "Something is going to happen either way, it might be something good and it might be something bad, but right now, all we can do is our best not to screw up this chance of survival" She turned around, facing him, but still with his arms around her. "Have I ever told you-you should be a motivational speaker" He laughed low, his warm breath against her bare skin, "You should be lucky to have someone as positive and handsome as me in your life" He could barely finish the sentence before Feyre was out of his hold and walking towards the chamber.